• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Here is A.G. Barr's statement yesterday...

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/atto...-barrs-statement-riots-and-domestic-terrorism

“With the rioting that is occurring in many of our cities around the country, the voices of peaceful and legitimate protests have been hijacked by violent radical elements. Groups of outside radicals and agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate, violent, and extremist agenda.
    It is time to stop watching the violence and to confront and stop it. The continued violence and destruction of property endangers the lives and livelihoods of others, and interferes with the rights of peaceful protestors, as well as all other citizens.
    It also undercuts the urgent work that needs to be done – through constructive engagement between affected communities and law enforcement leaders – to address legitimate grievances. Preventing reconciliation and driving us apart is the goal of these radical groups, and we cannot let them succeed.
    It is the responsibility of state and local leaders to ensure that adequate law enforcement resources, including the National Guard where necessary, are deployed on the streets to reestablish law and order. We saw this finally happen in Minneapolis last night, and it worked.
    Federal law enforcement actions will be directed at apprehending and charging the violent radical agitators who have hijacked peaceful protest and are engaged in violations of federal law.
    To identify criminal organizers and instigators, and to coordinate federal resources with our state and local partners, federal law enforcement is using our existing network of 56 regional FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTF).
    The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Interesting. Lots of assumptions and conjecture and BAD information. I took today and tomorrow off after working downtown the last 2 days. One of my gigs at work is I am part of the departments ERG (Event Response Group) Unit. This was our show from the last 3 days. I didn't work Friday but Saturday I worked from noon until 530 Sunday. Came back in Sunday at noon and amazingly enough I got home by midnight. In my 23 years as a LE, I've never seen anything like we were in Saturday. It was sheer hell. All day, during the peaceful protest, I had such bad feeling, tension was in the air. We knew that when the sun started going down, trouble was going to start. We've trained for these things for years but it never really prepares you for reality. The trouble makers were about 500 or so and when they broke up into groups of 3-5, they were too many to keep up with. We busted our humps trying to keep a lid on the violence. It was bad, really bad, but it could have been bad. The Mile Square was unrecognizable Saturday night. Between the fires, gas, destruction, chaos, it looked more like a 3rd world country. It was very sad as I LOVE downtown and we frequent it quite often. I only hope I can call this a once in a career incident. BTW, we learned Friday that protesters were monitoring our radio traffic and adjusting their tactics accordingly. Therefore, the entire dept switched to secure channels. Cut their intel source.

Indystar took some great pics.
    I'm the one with the Pepperball Launcher slung. This was the first set of arrests made at the beginning of the riots, in front of the City-County Building. My launcher broke at first trigger pull...I was pissed.
    Ba6faTP.jpg

They then swapped my old launcher for a newer one pictured (this is not me).
    4c1taec.jpg

I was kneeling down trying to talk to the guy we arrested in the first pic. He was being a mean as he could. Funny thing was, being nice to him, he let his guard down and calmed down, being nice too me. He then realized he was being nice to a cop and started acting up again...haha.
    XV2pkwa.jpg

s46vMHj.jpg

TgLFRrb.jpg

IIjKKsH.jpg

EAgGIaV.jpg

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Interesting. Lots of assumptions and conjecture and BAD information. I took today and tomorrow off after working downtown the last 2 days. One of my gigs at work is I am part of the departments ERG (Event Response Group) Unit. This was our show from the last 3 days. I didn't work Friday but Saturday I worked from noon until 530 Sunday. Came back in Sunday at noon and amazingly enough I got home by midnight. In my 23 years as a LE, I've never seen anything like we were in Saturday. It was sheer hell. All day, during the peaceful protest, I had such bad feeling, tension was in the air. We knew that when the sun started going down, trouble was going to start. We've trained for these things for years but it never really prepares you for reality. The trouble makers were about 500 or so and when they broke up into groups of 3-5, they were too many to keep up with. We busted our humps trying to keep a lid on the violence. It was bad, really bad, but it could have been bad. The Mile Square was unrecognizable Saturday night. Between the fires, gas, destruction, chaos, it looked more like a 3rd world country. It was very sad as I LOVE downtown and we frequent it quite often. I only hope I can call this a once in a career incident.

I hope you guys never have to go through something like that again. I was sickened too when I was watching the pictures of the aftermath downtown. Just shameful. And the live feeds and video was just crazy. Can't imagine being in the middle of it. Hats off to all of you guys for handling it as well as you did.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Much respect for you and you're fellow officers Denny for manning the front lines. It looks like an impossible task but you did your job to the best of your ability for your city that you love. Stay safe.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Interesting. Lots of assumptions and conjecture and BAD information. I took today and tomorrow off after working downtown the last 2 days. One of my gigs at work is I am part of the departments ERG (Event Response Group) Unit. This was our show from the last 3 days. I didn't work Friday but Saturday I worked from noon until 530 Sunday. Came back in Sunday at noon and amazingly enough I got home by midnight. In my 23 years as a LE, I've never seen anything like we were in Saturday. It was sheer hell. All day, during the peaceful protest, I had such bad feeling, tension was in the air. We knew that when the sun started going down, trouble was going to start. We've trained for these things for years but it never really prepares you for reality. The trouble makers were about 500 or so and when they broke up into groups of 3-5, they were too many to keep up with. We busted our humps trying to keep a lid on the violence. It was bad, really bad, but it could have been bad. The Mile Square was unrecognizable Saturday night. Between the fires, gas, destruction, chaos, it looked more like a 3rd world country. It was very sad as I LOVE downtown and we frequent it quite often. I only hope I can call this a once in a career incident. BTW, we learned Friday that protesters were monitoring our radio traffic and adjusting their tactics accordingly. Therefore, the entire dept switched to secure channels. Cut their intel source.

I'm the one with the Pepperball Launcher slung. This was the first set of arrests made at the beginning of the riots, in front of the City-County Building. My launcher broke at first trigger pull...I was pissed.

Any idea how many people are local vs from the state versus out of state?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Ba6faTP.jpg

They then swapped my old launcher for a newer one pictured (this is not me).
    4c1taec.jpg

I was kneeling down trying to talk to the guy we arrested in the first pic. He was being a mean as he could. Funny thing was, being nice to him, he let his guard down and calmed down, being nice too me. He then realized he was being nice to a cop and started acting up again...haha.
    XV2pkwa.jpg

s46vMHj.jpg

TgLFRrb.jpg

IIjKKsH.jpg

EAgGIaV.jpg
    Awesome post Denny. Thank you so much!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yep, shouldn't be to hard to track who delivered them there either, then backtrack who bought them...
    I’d be shocked if a warrant wasn’t in the works now. Traffic cameras all the way back to where they came from has been done I bet.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

JSpider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Protests coming to Carmel and Fishers tonight.

FYI- Wife just sent me these two notices that went out for protests tonight in Carmel and Fishers. Hopefully they will remain peaceful.

Attachments

• E771FC20-7A25-49E9-B6AF-782397C192D0.jpeg
      E771FC20-7A25-49E9-B6AF-782397C192D0.jpeg
      63.1 KB · Views: 60
    • A68AEB54-1146-4ED7-BE52-D4A08F9612F1.jpg
      A68AEB54-1146-4ED7-BE52-D4A08F9612F1.jpg
      37.3 KB · Views: 45

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Evansville had a couple hundred or more folks gather at the riverfront in protest Saturday - generally peaceful. Protest moved to the Civic Center/Police main offices and got unruly. Police horse got hit with a rock, crowd dispersed. Late Sunday afternoon I left my downtown office and there were 5-6 folks with signs exercising their civil rights well.

There have been several shootings including a double homicide in the last few days. Unusual for Evansville and very likely gang related. So it's possible the storms of summer gang violence and "protest" could merge(?).

A friend of mine manages a couple retail/service outlets located within Walmmart stores. They have been ordered to shut down immediately and be off the premises by 4:30 p.m. today.

With all that, I think either a 9mm or 7.62x39 braced pistol will be riding to and from work with me. My usual 2.5 mile route passes through some areas which would likely be the epicenter if something started. Going to alter that as well with a longer route via the expressway.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    zywps8N.jpg

I personally think this is being propped up by a foreign power, but I have no evidence of it. Just seems too wide spread to be those groups alone, to me.
    The timing with normalizing masks, so people's identity is hidden, is also suspect to me.

That guy could be an undercover officer. There was a reddit thread about how to look out for them. Of course, there's no telling when or where those photos were taken.

Normalized mask? No need. It's already normal for protestors/rioters to where masks. Hong Kong started it.

As to "foreign influence", again, no need. We've shown we can do just fine rioting on our own.

I wonder how much watching HK has influenced folks. I'm sure there's a large number of SJW's who've been packing "protest bags" just waiting for the day when they be as cool as them.

EDIT: That photo is at least a week old, and likely from an ANTIFA protest in Germany.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
    https://twitter.com/cyb3rg33k/status/1262339169092845568/photo/2
    https://twitter.com/logo_daedalus/status/1266398331447713793
    https://twitter.com/kehlani/status/1266728615552495616

Tombs, where did you get this? :dunno:

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    FYI- Wife just sent me these two notices that went out for protests tonight in Carmel and Fishers. Hopefully they will remain peaceful.

That Fishers location is about 200 yards from the FPD headquarters and certainly within walking distance for me. It's a brand new building I would imagine they're ready to defend it if needed.

I may just have to make an appearance at the event. Anybody else interested? We could do an impromptu Fishers / Noblesville meet up.

Top Bottom