• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    So, kind of off the wall, but what happened to your story you started here on this board?

More about the actual thread, I have been needing to downsize for a long time.

It will be a daunting task.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have cleaned out the guest bedroom and basement 3 times in the past year. Somehow my wife continues to fill both up with clutter. You should see our warehouse, it's fill with everything I've kicked out of my house.

Downsizing is not in her future, maybe mine... :wallbash:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Many years ago when my step father passed away I help my mother clear the house. The attic area over the garage was the worst I almost wanted to just remove the roof it would have been less work than getting all the stuff out the opening in the ceiling.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Pairing down items from three homes to just one. That is why I disappeared. Hope to be finished by the end of the year.

Sorting, selling and donating is hard work. Did you know I have 15 measuring tapes... Discovered about 4,000 rounds in odd places as I sorted and consolidated. Also forgot about the M1 Abrams bore sighters in the loft. Haven't found the tank yet.

Asked my wife what her plans are for her high school cheerleading outfit.

Anyone else downsizing?
    The wife and I are debating if we want to down size. Our house is not that big, just about 1,800 square feet. But it is a tri-level. Her concern is when we get older, and getting around the tri-level. I retired last June at 65 years old. My wife is a few years younger. We stay active, I work out at least 4 days per week. The thought of packing everything up and looking for a place just does not thrill me.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Pairing down items from three homes to just one. That is why I disappeared. Hope to be finished by the end of the year.

Sorting, selling and donating is hard work. Did you know I have 15 measuring tapes... Discovered about 4,000 rounds in odd places as I sorted and consolidated. Also forgot about the M1 Abrams bore sighters in the loft. Haven't found the tank yet.

Asked my wife what her plans are for her high school cheerleading outfit.

Anyone else downsizing?
    Never thought I would dream of down sizing, but it may be inevitable as I've yet to find a farmer who wants to plant hay in our back 5.5 acres. The alternative is to (costly) till it up, plant grass and then add 3+ hours to our mowing time. Ugh!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never thought I would dream of down sizing, but it may be inevitable as I've yet to find a farmer who wants to plant hay in our back 5.5 acres. The alternative is to (costly) till it up, plant grass and then add 3+ hours to our mowing time. Ugh!
    Goats?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Still downsizing! Basement is getting smaller but the main floor is getting larger. Wife got rid of a lot of clothes but my side of the closet got smaller.
    Downsizing? Ha! It's called repacking!
    Her definition of downsizing and mine are very different! LOL!

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Any time but particularly now is an excellent time to downsize and reduce/eliminate debt. I don't see the monetary system or real estate bubble with a clear smooth path in the next few years. The last two years has been an ugly negative catalyst for some dire future consequences on many levels affecting individuals and families livelihood.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had to seriously declutter my house when I bought it a few years ago, all of the stuff neither side in an acrimonious divorce wanted. I like to think I learned from that experience. I have clutter, but not too much in grand scheme.

My Dad on the other hand, every summer for the last 3 or 4 years of his life, he would get a 20 yard dumpster and park it behind his barn and toss the accumulated "I'll have a use for that some day" into it. Still not done when he passed.

He had every TV he ever owned in 1 pile. A salvaged pipe organ with all the pipes, etc., etc., etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had to seriously declutter my house when I bought it a few years ago, all of the stuff neither side in an acrimonious divorce wanted. I like to think I learned from that experience. I have clutter, but not too much in grand scheme.

My Dad on the other hand, every summer for the last 3 or 4 years of his life, he would get a 20 yard dumpster and park it behind his barn and toss the accumulated "I'll have a use for that some day" into it. Still not done when he passed.

He had every TV he ever owned in 1 pile. A salvaged pipe organ with all the pipes, etc., etc., etc.

I'm really trying to get better about this. How is it they say it? “Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.”

Yet here I am, contemplating dumpster diving at longbow's house... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom