• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foodman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    I have a friend looking at a Double Star AR and I was wondering if anyone has one or can give me pros or cons on this manufacturer.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I run a Double Star Upper and have no problems with it. It will eat any ammo I feed it from steel case to brass. It even runs with Tula ammo that is supposed to be under powered. There uppers have an M4 style feed ramps. It also mounts very nicely on my lower with no wobble/play. The front sight is F marked. I believe the barrels they use are ER Shaw and they are of the 1/9 twist variety.As far as accuracy my son is able to do this at 25 yards
    Target.jpg

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I believe J&T distributing and Doublestar are the same company. I've had great experience with J&T at the gun shows and online. Great customer service and never had a problem with any of my products.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Good to go. The only negative is the lowers i have are shiny and not a matte black finish so they dont match up with some of my uppers. Not a big deal though.

This is a softball for the "who cares your gun is a tool" comment :)

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I run a Double Star Upper and have no problems with it. It will eat any ammo I feed it from steel case to brass. It even runs with Tula ammo that is supposed to be under powered. There uppers have an M4 style feed ramps. It also mounts very nicely on my lower with no wobble/play. The front sight is F marked. I believe the barrels they use are ER Shaw and they are of the 1/9 twist variety.As far as accuracy my son is able to do this at 25 yards
    Target.jpg

My son kindly corrected me and told me this was at 50 yards in Roush

Top Bottom