• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey all,

I will admit that I skipped that last few pages, after a particular assertion caught my fancy. :) Sorry if I'm dredging up something that was dismissed on page 13 or something. :)

Last time I checked the crime of killing of an "on duty LEO" has its own special penalty's. So it seems most states do in fact think it is a worse crime. It is a crime against order and decency. It is a crime against the system.
    Since this is a topic I have more than a passing familiarity with, let me share some insight on this.

Indeed, states that have the death penalty (like Indiana) typically make it a capital crime to kill an officer ("on duty" may or may not be necessary). Indiana has, several times, executed "cop killers." (As an aside, I think that's a good thing.)

While not updated recently, the Clark County prosecutor, Steve Stewart, has a good resource for the Indiana Death Penalty:
    Indiana Death Row

The process in Indiana from conviction/death sentence to execution has been approximately 12 years.

California does technically have the death penalty. But, functionally, it doesn't. First, there is currently a moratorium. Second, the courts allow every conceivable delay.
    Capital punishment in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The last person executed in California, in 2006, was convicted and sentenced in 1980. That's 26 years.
    Clarence Ray Allen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's part of the reason. I had a friend named "Dan" Niemi. He was an officer killed in the line of duty.
    Honor Roll

The cop-killing shooter was convicted and sentenced to death in 2007. It is on appeal in the California Supreme Court, but his attorneys have had a few years' worth of extensions so the case has not yet even been briefed. That is, the appeal basically hasn't even started yet. It will easily be another 10 years before he is close to being executed, if ever.

By way of another example, more than 5x more inmates on California's death row have died from suicide or natural causes than execution.

Just wondering - since Dorner would have been incredibly unlikely to be executed by the state in a formal process - if that has an impact on people's view of what happened. As a state, California doesn't execute cop-killers.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Just wondering - since Dorner would have been incredibly unlikely to be executed by the state in a formal process - if that has an impact on people's view of what happened. As a state, California doesn't execute cop-killers.
    My personal opinion is that it would be more imperative for him to receive the death sentence for killing non-LEO.

They had NOTHING to do with his twisted goals. :twocents:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Does anyone have a link to this idiots facebook fan club? I attempted a search but I don't know my way around that facebook thing very well.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I don't disagree that he was a piece of crap for murdering people (LEO and non-LEO). I do find it quite concerning that the LAPD acted the way they did and people seem ok with it. Firing on innocent people, acting as judge/juror/executioner. It concerns me because if they do this going after 1 man and it is ok, is this going to set a precedent for the future. The militarization of police is seldom a good thing.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I do find it quite concerning that the LAPD acted the way they did and people seem ok with it. Firing on innocent people, acting as judge/juror/executioner.
    I don't believe you'll find anyone here that condones shooting at innocent people. As far as executing him...he shot himself. They gave him the opportunity to walk out the back of that cabin waving a white flag, instead he walked out shooting. They shot back.

Whether or not the police set fire to the cabin intentionally is debatable. They claim they didn't. There is an audio recording claiming they did. It would be pretty easy to fake and release. If the did it intentionally, I'd hope they would just say so. I'd have no problem if they did.

This guy murdered 4 people, held more hostage and claimed he'd go out in a "blaze of glory" rather than be captured alive. His prophecy came true.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    .....only if he came out buck naked waving a white flag yes he would have been arrested...am tired of LEO who put a spin on this .....fact....... they used 4 burners with the intent to set the place on fire to force him out or the subject die's in a fire . I have recording of scanner traffic ....as it happen there is no doubt they set the fire.....period.....

most can care less about this nutt who started this most care about the truck shooting that got two people shot .. and are demanding those officer be arrested or fired ...... the country is watching........ the more facts the come out on this the more it looks bad on LAPD ......I have no respect for any officer who tries to spin this truck shooting any one can clearly see it was a fear reaction ....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Whether or not the police set fire to the cabin intentionally is debatable. They claim they didn't. There is an audio recording claiming they did. It would be pretty easy to fake and release. If the did it intentionally, I'd hope they would just say so. I'd have no problem if they did.

This guy murdered 4 people, held more hostage and claimed he'd go out in a "blaze of glory" rather than be captured alive. His prophecy came true.

.....only if he came out buck naked waving a white flag yes he would have been arrested...am tired of LEO who put a spin on this .....fact....... they used 4 burners with the intent to set the place on fire to force him out or the subject die's in a fire . I have recording of scanner traffic ....as it happen there is no doubt they set the fire.....period.....

Actually, I have been trained to deploy CS gas using 37mm/40mm gas launchers or by hand. The CS cartridges thrown or fired from launchers utilize pyrotechnics. "Burner" was their reference to gas deployment in the taped radio traffic during that incident.

Christopher Dorner and the “Burner” » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    His behaviour no longer concerns me since he is now dead. LAPD however, is alive and "kicking" so to speak. I am concerned about the behaviour used against the citizens in pursiut of this monster becoming the accepted norm for law enforcement, or just plain overlooked and not being focused on.

The LAPD cops who were shooting at inocent citizens became more dangerous than the monster which they were hunting.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Actually, I have been trained to deploy CS gas using 37mm/40mm gas launchers or by hand. The CS cartridges thrown or fired from launchers utilize pyrotechnics. "Burner" was their reference to gas deployment in the taped radio traffic during that incident.

Christopher Dorner and the “Burner” » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

and I have trained (people) in the use of burners .....and clearly give the warming it will start a fire in a closed wooden buildings...those who have trained with it know how much heat in puts out and how often it starts fires...........they knew this .....and it worked ......why try to spin it ..:twocents:

P.S> this is why they are nicked named burners....

Last edited:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    bhcts40mm.jpg

here this will help some to understand who never seen a laucher these all use pyrotechnics gas rounds...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think there's plenty of blame to go around in the "execution" of this case (if you'll pardon the pun). Having read the entirety of Dorner's 'manifesto', I can safely say I've met his type many times over the years; the type of guy who wears his nerves on the outside of his body (so they're easy to get on) and remembers every slight ever done him. It was hard - on the basis of his self-statements - to tell if his threats were anything other than self-serving propaganda meant to either mislead his pursuers or to act as self-encouragement as he psyched himself up to commit cold-blooded murder. Frankly, I don't care which it was, if was either of those or none; whatever his complaints, he put himself outside of any favorable consideration whatsoever when he murdered innocents. If he's dead, good riddance; if he's not, here's hoping he will be soon. As for LAPD - there is a reason I don't live in California, and LAPD is symptomatic of the many reasons why I don't live there.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    and I have trained (people) in the use of burners .....and clearly give the warming it will start a fire in a closed wooden buildings...those who have trained with it know how much heat in puts out and how often it starts fires...........they knew this .....and it worked ......why try to spin it ..:twocents:

If I would have been in charge of that scene I would have done the same thing with zero hesitation. I have zero experience with any law enforcment pyrotechnics but I have a lot with military cs ect. The hazards of fire is just something that goes with it imo.

The fact that this dorner idiot holed up in a cabin is just more proof that he was an idiot. Military and criminal 101- break off any engagement when you are outnumbered and outgunned. Don't ever try to hold a position when out numbered and outgunned unless the calvary is coming. He didnt have any kind of calvary coming that he had any use for. The second he entered that cabin the gig was up for him.:twocents:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I'm not spinning anything. I am not sure why people are making a big deal. You don't launch those confident that they will start a fire but confident that they will produce CS. Of course they risk fire by launching them into the cabin. But he just shot 2 Deputies (killed one) from there and was engaging the officers surrounding the place. Administer gas (which is "less lethal" but FAR from "non lethal") and if it works...great...if not...well, lethal force was 100% justified anyway. However, last I heard, it was a self inflicted GSW to the cranium that killed him. He chose his path.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't believe anyone has.

As for Dormer...play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :twocents:

That doesn't change the fact that the stupid prizes should be handed out by the judge if at all possible, which that attempt was not made. Given that this wasn't his own place where he hypothetically may have been prepping, my guess is that they wouldn't have had to have waited him out too long before he got really hungry and discovered that his boots would only make so much of a meal.

Top Bottom