• This guy is:

• Total voters

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Watched a brief clip today and some guy had a drop thigh holster on teaching a lady about firearms and shooting. They showed a clip of him holding some black polymer pistol in one hand, a full mag in the other, he slams the mag home, proceeds to rack the slide with his off hand which sends a round shooting backwards behind him before the slide moves forward.

Did he just try to look cool and eject his live round???

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    took with my iPhone pointed at the TV, look at the fullscreen version for better clarity

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7H4NTqJaA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Perhaps he was practicing a clearing drill?

He didn't seem to notice(or care) that the round flew out, which makes me think he either knew it was going to happen, or just really dropped the ball.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Perhaps he was practicing a clearing drill?

He didn't seem to notice(or care) that the round flew out, which makes me think he either knew it was going to happen, or just really dropped the ball.
    i caught this when i watched the show... love the show by the way... ether way he lost creditability with me....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Hard to view that show as anything but comedy. The girl from Texas that thought bugging out to Mexico was a good idea, the fat guy that ended up having his guns taken away because he listed ways he'd kill himself if he was suicidal, the moron that shot his thumb off. That show was set up to fail.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I watched a couple episodes until I saw the one where the guy shot his thumb and had to stop as I was actually able to hear and feel my brain cells dying.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It has its moments. Ultimately, like anything "reality based" that gets put on TV, they're going for sensationalism, so they naturally pick the nutters to showcase.

However, its given me some ideas. That little paper-and-leaves firewood briquet maker thingy from one of the episodes was pretty neat, and my fiancee would like me to make her one for getting rid of the old newspapers once she has clipped the coupons.

There is interesting and useful information in there, but you have to be able to sift through the crap to get to it. Still though, an entertaining show.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Remember the fat lady who was more or less like "I'm gonna keep looking like a manatee because when SHTF, I'll still have weight to lose"

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No appropriate responses on your poll for that guy. You need one for (dummy, idiot, mall ninja, etc.)

I didn't want to bash him too much for a two second clip. I don't know the man. His later advice regarding shooting seemed pretty good.

Two people claimed to be him. Hrm...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's television. And like all TV shows, racking a gun repeatedly is required. Also, no TV gun has a BHO.

Doesn't anyone in these shows carry a LOADED gun? Am I to believe that all detectives don't load the chamber?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I actually have watched these shows and they're not too bad. At least there's no overplayed conflicts like every other "reality" show.

I want to know who the "experts" are that evaluate the subjects.

The one show that got me laughing was the Salt Lake City girl who's in college and instead of saving and investing in her future, spends all her time buying and storing food. She even admits not dating because she's too busy with prepping for a government takeover. She got an apartment with a view of the statehouse so she could see them coming! But, the best parts was the little "tupperware party" she had for her friends to convince them to buy into the the hysteria. On camera they said "yeah, what she says makes sense", but off camera I'm guessing they called her a loony.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I loved it when the couple was shooting at their home with rifles to see if the rounds would penetrate.

#1 They were shooting 22's from like 100 yards away

#2 The show overdubbed the sound of a Garand or a Barrett 50 cal. Looked and sounded so flippin' stupid.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i beleive he knew what he was doing and was simply showing how to get the gun ready to go BANG..but didnt want to confuse her with delving into clearing the chamber yadayadayada....i dont think it was a flub up

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I loved it when the couple was shooting at their home with rifles to see if the rounds would penetrate.

#1 They were shooting 22's from like 100 yards away

#2 The show overdubbed the sound of a Garand or a Barrett 50 cal. Looked and sounded so flippin' stupid.
    LOL, I didn't pay that much attention to the episode when I walked by the TV other than "Wow, these people are dumb."

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would cut him a little slack. He probably had his pistol loaded, chambered and ready to go and a producer said to him: "Hey lets get a shot of you loading your clip into your gun thingy." So he proceeds to drop the mag and then for the shot, inserts the mag, taps it home, and racks the slide to chamber a round, while not realizing that he didn't eject the round in the chamber when he dropped the magazine for the "shot".

Top Bottom