• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Seems I've heard this song before. Neither of them has done or will do exactly 100% of what I think they should so I'll vote for a third party candidate who has no chance of winning but could tip the scales. In case you haven't noticed, there is never going to be a candidate for any elected office who will...... A. Satisfy a majority of the voters 100% or....B. Do everything he/she says she/he will do. Unreasonable to expect the former, shame on them for the latter. But........you gotta' base your decision on something so have at it and vote!

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Anyone watch the debate. Donald Rainwater for the win, you RINOs better vote Rainwater or you will split the vote. We don’t want that dem to win so it’s rainwater or a wasted vote on Holcomb. Lol

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Policies of Holcomb, R(INO) as Governor:

1. Raised taxes
    2. Scuttled constitutional carry
    3. Gutted RFRA protections
    4. Extra-constitutional legislation via Executive Order

I don't know why you're worried about Myers getting elected, when we've already endured 4 years of Democrat policies from the Governor.
    Yup. Worst case, Myers gets elected and tries pushing the same Democrat style policies the Holcomb did, but the legislature pushes back at every turn because he is D instead of R. I can't see a downside to voting for Rainwater.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Seems I've heard this song before. Neither of them has done or will do exactly 100% of what I think they should so I'll vote for a third party candidate who has no chance of winning but could tip the scales. In case you haven't noticed, there is never going to be a candidate for any elected office who will...... A. Satisfy a majority of the voters 100% or....B. Do everything he/she says she/he will do. Unreasonable to expect the former, shame on them for the latter. But........you gotta' base your decision on something so have at it and vote!

And what, pray tell, has Holcomb done that is something that you think he should have done, or that you liked and/or agreed with?

I've named four, very major things that he screwed us on.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Yup. Worst case, Myers gets elected and tries pushing the same Democrat style policies the Holcomb did, but the legislature pushes back at every turn because he is D instead of R. I can't see a downside to voting for Rainwater.

How about this? Biden wins, the Senate goes 51R, 49D (Bernie included) and one Indiana senator gets killed in an accident April fools day 2021. Myers picks a democrat as a replacement. Most votes in the Senate start becoming ties and Harris can break any of those ties. Your worst case then affects much more than just Indiana. If Trump wins it’s not as bad, but if a couple of Rinos defect the Senate’s then stymied and you can kiss more conservative justices goodbye.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Everyone seems to be counting on the Republican controlled legislature to defang Meyers in a worst case scenario win.
    Didn't Holcomb need the assistance of the Republican controlled legislature to do all the Democratish things you find fault with?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In a related matter, I heard a rumor today that Holcomb is angling for a big job in healthcare after governor and that is affecting his decisions on covid regulations...

As we always say; follow the money...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Everyone seems to be counting on the Republican controlled legislature to defang Meyers in a worst case scenario win.
    Didn't Holcomb need the assistance of the Republican controlled legislature to do all the Democratish things you find fault with?

Indeed, for at least two (the tax cuts and RFRA gutting). But Bosma is already gone - and good riddance.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Rainwater will be in my neck of the woods Friday. New Chicago town hall. Hoping to make it

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    After watching the debate I don't want to vote for any of them.

The D is a HELL NO. The other two have a couple of hell no's but not a full stop. So, who can win? Or should I just throw my vote to another Murdock move.

Also...is Rainwater really arguing for a full time legislature? HELL NO.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After watching the debate I don't want to vote for any of them.

The D is a HELL NO. The other two have a couple of hell no's but not a full stop. So, who can win? Or should I just throw my vote to another Murdock move.

Also...is Rainwater really arguing for a full time legislature? HELL NO.

I didnt get that. And considering he is for SMALLER government, I cant imagine where that came from.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I didnt get that. And considering he is for SMALLER government, I cant imagine where that came from.

Well, there is not really enough information in the debates to see what they are alluding to; so you have the question the allusions. Policies will flow from their implications. These damn debates are pretty much useless.

And I did get that from his statements about limiting the power of the governors office.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    How about this? Biden wins, the Senate goes 51R, 49D (Bernie included) and one Indiana senator gets killed in an accident April fools day 2021. Myers picks a democrat as a replacement. Most votes in the Senate start becoming ties and Harris can break any of those ties. Your worst case then affects much more than just Indiana. If Trump wins it’s not as bad, but if a couple of Rinos defect the Senate’s then stymied and you can kiss more conservative justices goodbye.
    I guess that is one of the myriad of possibilities. :n00b:

I'll admit I'm a not a smart enough man to play 4D chess on every vote i cast. I wasn't wild about Holcomb pre-covid - definitely a "no" from me now. Rainwater isn't the perfect candidate, but neither was Trump. I will not throw my vote to a RINO because of a 1 in 1000000 scenario like you describe. It is that mindset that politicians use to convince straight party ticket voters to continue pulling the lever for "D"/"R".

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Yes, Holcomb got support for his initiatives from his own party. Are you actually surprised by that? The legislature still has to answer to the people they represent - much harder to get support from your republican base wren you're supporting a democratic gov. It has little to do with the actual policy.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Here is what the Governor of Indiana does/appoints:
    Judges (So yeah, give Woody that power)
    Health Commissioner (Who may have more legal power, see above)

Look. We just got our dictator taken down a peg and she is attacking the courts for that and using the Dept. of Health to do the same things that she now can't do. If ya'll want to trade, let me know, but I'd prefer Holcomb to what I've got, by well more than a mile.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Vah, we will just start a recall referendum on Myers. No biggie and then have another election

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    From Donald Rainwater for Indiana:

BREAKING NEWS: Today, Donald Rainwater announced his choice for Secretary of Education: Dawn Wooten.

Together, they will work with the General Assembly to decentralize and de-politicize Hoosier education to return the decision-making power back to Hoosier parents, teachers, school boards and school administrators.

Professor Dawn Wooten is a graduate of Indiana University Fort Wayne where she earned her Master’s degree in Rhetoric and Composition and her Bachelor’s degree in English. She is also a graduate of Indiana Wesleyan University where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.

Prior to her 15 years of work as a university professor of English and Business Writing, Professor Wooten worked for more than 10 years in various industries as a manager or supervisor, including restaurants, retail, and corporate logistics. Professor Wooten currently enjoys teaching online at Purdue Fort Wayne, Indiana Tech, and Indiana Wesleyan University.

Dawn Wooten shares Donald Rainwater's vision for education in Indiana and in streamlining the budget for the Department of Education, getting rid of 9% of the fluff, the bloat and the totally unnecessary programs that revolve around standardized testing, so that Indiana Educators will no longer be under the thumb of the federal government and will no longer be required to perform the standardized testing. She believes that a teacher will be able to measure a student's success by administering a test at the beginning of the school year and at the end, to show the student what they have accomplished as a student and what their teacher has helped them to accomplish.

"No bureaucrat at the State House has a right to judge how well a teacher is doing. There are too many variables that go into successful teaching. You can't base it [teacher performance] on a test. And it's also unfair to the student. You're putting a lot of pressure on them to perform, and creating a lot of anxiety. A lot of students become so unhappy, that they don't want to go to school. That's not what we want. We want them to be excited about education. And we can't do that if they're constantly worried about I-LEARN, and the teachers are constantly getting pressured to increase test scores." -Dawn Wooten

Dawn Wooten also plans to work with members of the General Assembly to return the choice of Secretary of Education back to Hoosier Voters at the Indiana ballot box, rather than by appointment.

For more information on Donald Rainwater's education policy, please visit our website and read Donald's letter to Hoosier Educators and Parents:
    https://www.rainwaterforindiana.com/education-reform
    https://www.rainwaterforindiana.com/issues

122039432_3129816387145946_149538466769429710_n.jpg

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Vah, we will just start a recall referendum on Myers. No biggie and then have another election

If you lost the popular vote, what makes you think you will have the votes for a recall - and won't you have to wait until recriminations for 'who lost the governorship' get settled (which is never)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you lost the popular vote, what makes you think you will have the votes for a recall - and won't you have to wait until recriminations for 'who lost the governorship' get settled (which is never)

Won't be my fault if the disgruntled voters can't unite. They just get what they deserve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom