Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I will go ahead and take a stab at a preview to this evening's "debate".

"I am a statist and a progressive. I have a "D" after my name. So, if you are a Democrat you should vote for me."
    Woody Myers

"I am a statist and a progressive, but I have an "R" after my name. So if you are a Republican you should vote for me."
    Eric Holcomb

"I am not a statist nor am I a progressive. I don't have an "R" or a "D" after my name. So you will probably choose a statist and progressive as your next governor."
    Don Rainwater

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    This is where I’m at really. I don’t like that Rainwater has no relevant experience. I don’t like that it increases the risk of a Democrat running the state. But on the other hand, Holcomb has ran the state much like a Democrat would. He needs to go. But it’s not a clear-cut choice to go with someone like Rainwater. I also haven’t decided if he’s a sane libertarian or a bat **** crazy one. I really don’t want an ideologue in office either. All the choices in this election suck.

The real problem here is the Holcomb (and any actual politician) knows that if he rubs elbows the right way, he gets the nomination of the party. thus perpetuating his position as no REAL contender from the same party can contend it.

Elections should be

1 Democrat
    1 Republican
    1 Defender of current position (regardless of the party)
    + whatever other party you can throw in that is valid (validity is highly subjective and a slippery slope)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have heard this as an excuse for something every day it seems like.

I am well over it actually. We can shop in a Lowes or a Kroger. We can eat in a restaurant but these dip-weeds cant be on an open stage socially distanced and have a debate. I did not waste my time reading the links but my money is on Holcomb not wanting to face off with rainwater.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    images

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Holcomb just stated "we want to preserve our red flag law."

Rainwater now sounding like one of us...

Myers sounding like Bloomberg...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Rainwater in full support of Constitutional Carry.

Holcomb doing his normal squishy reply, saying he doesn't want to put LEOs at risk. Says LTCHs are free, so why push for it? :dunno:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I watched from start to finish. Rainwater absolutely killed it. My vote will be Rainwater.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Next debate a week from tonight. Same bat time, same bat channel...

Be interesting to hear the WIBC staff commentary on this tomorrow. Hopefully one or all of the shows will include our own Gun Guy.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Next debate a week from tonight. Same bat time, same bat channel...

Be interesting to hear the WIBC staff commentary on this tomorrow. Hopefully one or all of the shows will include our own Gun Guy.

Yes!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wait.......What.....????

Is the empty suit really that ignorant of the state law.

And Meyers seems to think that OC is "brandishing". (his words during the debate)

I think Rainwater killed it. Lets go for it, guys. What was said upthread... Constitutional carry is on the table (it was already well on its way in the legislature) and I'm sure Meyers would veto. We already have a democrat in the big boy chair, so lets vote for REAL freedom. Stop with the "I would but I dont want to waste my vote". THere are enough out there saying that, that if they all just "wasted" their vote Rainwater would win.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And Meyers seems to think that OC is "brandishing". (his words during the debate)

I think Rainwater killed it. Lets go for it, guys. What was said upthread... Constitutional carry is on the table (it was already well on its way in the legislature) and I'm sure Meyers would veto. We already have a democrat in the big boy chair, so lets vote for REAL freedom. Stop with the "I would but I dont want to waste my vote". THere are enough out there saying that, that if they all just "wasted" their vote Rainwater would win.

I'm with ya. That's why I'm not and havent voted early. I wanted to see this and gain more knowledge of Rainwater. I'm liking what I see, that's about all I can say

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FYI - No one missed anything. The vid is still right there on YouTube. Note - This is PBS video, the first half hour plus is just their banner. The dabate was an hour long...

[video=youtube;WZ1Y3YVkpmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ1Y3YVkpmE&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom