2012091895205204.jpg

Turkish

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    We are currently on our 5th and 6th Greyhound. We started with one and ended up with 4 at one time. All were rescues from the same organization. Unfortunately, the first 4 had all since passed, but since it's so hard to say no here is 5 & 6:

21ja9uw.jpg

Jasmine is the blonde on the left and Loki is the brindle on the right.

azcuur.jpg

this is the view of Jamsine I see most often. She's a real lover, but its borderline needy haha. She loves attention; always need to pet her when shes around.

2d78wo2.jpg

Jasmine loves being outside...and rolling in random smells in the grass :rolleyes:

16jpojr.jpg

Loki greeting me one day after my mom came home from work. she greets my mom everyday this way, and if she gets excited enough sometimes i can trick her into greeting me too. This is rare for Loki because she actually doesn't like me very much, she tends to leave the room when i come in, (Greyhounds are notorious for being abused at the race track, so we think I may resemble a handler she had. Same thing happened with my dad and the first Greyhound we got). She misses out though because I'm a real sucker for dogs.

1zdvibb.jpg

Our newest addition: Roger the day we brought him home. We're not sure exactly what he is other than some type of Poodle-Terrier mix. We rescued him from the Whiting animal shelter. They found him wandering US 41 without any idea of how long he'd been out. He was in pretty rough shape when we got him and has been through alot of work since. He's completely deaf, and had lots of benign tumors on his skin removed as well as having a pretty bad ear infection when we got him. his ears still need to be cleaned every few days or so.. We think he's 10 years old, but have no way of knowing.

2cht060.jpg

He looks a heck of alot better nowawdays, and he absolutely loves his bed in the basement. he loves being around us, probably from being alone for an untold amount of time, so we put this next to the TV so he can stay with us when we're down there.

Wish I had pics of the first 4 Greyhounds readily available, may try to scrounge them up at some point.

Sorry for taking so much space, but I love dogs!

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    31057_101562109889999_4002675_n.jpg

This is Buster. This pic is a couple years old. He is our 10.5 year old Golden. He just had surgery two weeks ago at Purdue to remove a tumor from inside his left ear canal. They removed his entire ear canal. He is doing great in his recovery here at home. The tumor was benine!! He is just a little off balance but that should come back. I can't say enough about the staff at Purdue. They are great.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    We are currently on our 5th and 6th Greyhound. We started with one and ended up with 4 at one time. All were rescues from the same organization. Unfortunately, the first 4 had all since passed, but since it's so hard to say no here is 5 & 6:

Greyhounds are fantastic dogs. The owners of the shop I work at have two, and they always hang downstairs when we're open. Customers love them, and we do too. Great dogs for sure!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is our Frankie, the day we got her, she was dumped in the middle of nowhere.
    35807324.jpg

This is her now, she's about 60 lbs, and the smartest, most protective dog I've ever owned. She has dirt on her nose from a long day of ridding the back yard of Moles.
    d48fe947.jpg

Top Bottom