Do you own a firearm chambered in .22LR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you own a firearm chambered in 22LR?

• Yes

Votes: 310 91.2%
    • No

Votes: 4 1.2%
    • Bacon - because it’s delicious

Votes: 26 7.6%

• Total voters

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I grew up with .22 long rifle on the farm...dad had an old Stevens bolt-action, single-shot .22lr and we shot just about everything from targets to squirrels, to rabbits, to racoons, to groundhogs, etc. with it.
    Currently, I have a couple of Ruger 10/22's include a Charger and one with a custom build with a 24" Keystone barrel and MagPul Hunter X-22 polymer stock....which is a hoot to shoot over at dad's farm!

IWQ1YOh.jpg

bt0YtOS.jpg

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Yes I do, I am particularly fond of Marlin rifles. View attachment 175188
    I share your affinity for the Marlin .22. That's a nice collection you have there! Is that a model 57 Levermatic there in the center? I have a 56...the box-mag version, one of the older ones with a steel receiver before they switched to aluminum. It's one fast levergun! I also have a Glenfield 70 very similar to the one on the far left, a couple of model 25s, and a 39a. Most of them were pretty neglected when I got them and needed a bit of work to get them running right, but all are awesome guns and far better shooters than their original price tags would suggest.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    In the process of repairing a Mossberg 51M rifle. The stock was broken at the wrist, with missing sights and broken sear spring. Glued the stock together and made a new spring from music wire. Gave the action a good cleaning and put it back together. Currently in the process of installing new sights. Hope to test fire and sight it in this weekend.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I just received the same rifle from one of my Amish friends. It is what I call a 'chicken coup special'. I have to totally redo the poor thing but I bet I will get histoplasmosis just walking past the thing.

It has the rear peep but he is wanting to add the rear sight to the barrel also. I told him it may take me a while to find it, it is an unusual sight with windage adjustment.

It seems he wants the peep for squirrel and the open iron for beef and pork. If you come across a stock pile of them just let me know cuz I am in the market also...

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I share your affinity for the Marlin .22. That's a nice collection you have there! Is that a model 57 Levermatic there in the center? I have a 56...the box-mag version, one of the older ones with a steel receiver before they switched to aluminum. It's one fast levergun! I also have a Glenfield 70 very similar to the one on the far left, a couple of model 25s, and a 39a. Most of them were pretty neglected when I got them and needed a bit of work to get them running right, but all are awesome guns and far better shooters than their original price tags would suggest.
    Yes it's Model 57M 22mag, I agree it's one fast lever gun. My model 25 is my go to gun for critter control, it's also the first Marlin I bought 35 plus years ago.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I just received the same rifle from one of my Amish friends. It is what I call a 'chicken coup special'. I have to totally redo the poor thing but I bet I will get histoplasmosis just walking past the thing.

It has the rear peep but he is wanting to add the rear sight to the barrel also. I told him it may take me a while to find it, it is an unusual sight with windage adjustment.

It seems he wants the peep for squirrel and the open iron for beef and pork. If you come across a stock pile of them just let me know cuz I am in the market also...
    20220122_160719.jpg

Rear sight came off an old Montgomery Ward bolt action 22.

20220122_160732.jpg
    Front sight came off an old Armscor 22 rifle. Used JB Weld and a new 8x40 screw to install it.

20220122_160806.jpg
    All put together and laser bore sighted. Will take it out tomorrow to test fire and sight it in. Once I know it works, I will add some sling swivels. It will be going to a friend who does not own a 22 rifle.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Yes it's Model 57M 22mag, I agree it's one fast lever gun. My model 25 is my go to gun for critter control, it's also the first Marlin I bought 35 plus years ago.
    My 25 was also my first Marlin, and has also killed it's share of nuisance animals. It shares the vermin control duties with my Single-Six and 63-5.

In my family, it's known as the "rug" gun. I bought it back when my wife and I were newly married and still in college. Being young students, we were broke. My wife saw a rug that she wanted to get for the apartment for $30, and I told her we didn't have the money. Then later that same week, I was at the LGS and saw that sweet little model 25 on the rack. Dealer offered to knock the price down to $90 OTD, and it came home with me. Wife was not impressed, but she got over it...eventually. I still have and use that gun...rug would have been worn out years ago! :):

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    20220123_111712.jpg
    Function checked and sighted in the Mossberg 51M today. Used ammo from four different companies. Zero malfunctions.
    20220123_121945.jpg
    Conditions at Elwood CC were a tad bit brisk while sighting in the iron sights. Groups high at 25 yards. Should be spot on at 50-75 yards. My friend is going to use it to teach his two sons.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Rossi Rs 22
    Pucked up for $104.99 at RK
    Added $29 Barska Amazon scope
    800 rounds later runs flawlessly
    Have a 25 yard indoor range in Ft Wayne
    After trying six different ammos it likes mini mags 3/8" at 25 yards
    Nothing to get puckered up about. Seems like a decent price!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I am down to two at this point. Have owned several over the years and either sold or traded for one reason or another.
    Anyway this is the only .22lr rifle that I own, and is my youngest daughters favorite gun to shoot.

full

I did write a review on this a few years ago.

The pics are gone except for this one.

Top Bottom