Do you own a firearm chambered in .22LR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you own a firearm chambered in 22LR?

• Yes

Votes: 310 91.2%
    • No

Votes: 4 1.2%
    • Bacon - because it’s delicious

Votes: 26 7.6%

• Total voters

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Simple enough question. I have made the comment that “everyone who owns guns has a .22”. While that may have been somewhat true in the past, I can’t say that is the case anymore. There are a lot of new gun owners out there with the small/medium sized handguns being popular for new buyers. Since I have to assume INGO is semi representative or at least made up of gun owners……..

(All valid polls include bacon. But I assume Bacon lovers also like their rimfire. Not liking bacon is weird. Not owning a .22 is weird.)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A couple of my favorites, made famous as laser rifles in the movie Spaceballs.

full[img]
    Calico M100 x2.JPG

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I wish I had a lot more than I do. I only have a Remington 552 Speedmaster. I`d thought about selling that thing, but, I bought it in 1980, brand new, the same year my twins were born, and I`m pretty sure my son wants that thing when I pass. It still looks brand new, and I`ve killed a TON of squirrels with that thing, and even a coyote, and I had sling swivels installed and it has a nice little Leupold 2x7 on top of it.

I wish I had another couple really high quality .22 rifles and several fun to shoot .22 revolvers...

Attachments

• Remington 552 Speedmaster.jpg
      Remington 552 Speedmaster.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    "do you think this is a silly question" should have been a possibility as well as bacon. I promise you there is a substantial number of people that don't. LOTS of new terrified gun owners that only own one center fire pistol and have no idea how to use it.
    I agree with everything you said. And this probably sums up my question better then how I asked it. I see a shift in “gun ownership”. Gone are the days of a persons first gun being a .22 to learn marksmanship. Today it seems a persons first trek into becoming a gun owner centers around concealed carry or self defense. That isn’t necessarily bad. Just a paradigm shift of sorts.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish I had a lot more than I do. I only have a Remington 552 Speedmaster. I`d thought about selling that thing, but, I bought it in 1980, brand new, the same year my twins were born, and I`m pretty sure my son wants that thing when I pass. It still looks brand new, and I`ve killed a TON of squirrels with that thing, and even a coyote, and I had sling swivels installed and it has a nice little Leupold 2x7 on top of it.

I wish I had another couple really high quality .22 rifles and several fun to shoot .22 revolvers...
    I picked this up for about 100 bucks at my LGS and refinished it to give to my oldest grandson for his 12th birthday. It's a Stevens Model 87D (another gill gun). It was made in 1959, same year I was born. :)

ZZQyU5T.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I picked this up for about 100 bucks at my LGS and refinished it to give to my oldest grandson for his 12th birthday. It's a Stevens Model 27D (another gill gun). It was made in 1959, same year I was born. :)

ZZQyU5T.jpg
    Your oldest grandson is one lucky kid to have you for his grandpa. Which means that all of your grandkids are blessed to have you.

Top Bottom