• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Do you have the problem of which gun to carry. Do I carry my 1911 or which 1911 to carry? Will I carry my XD today? Sometimes I feel like a women and what pair of shoes to wear (not really). So, if you have many choices how do you decide what to carry for the day?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Yep - I have several different handguns, but only two primary carry guns - a Glock 30 and a Kimber Pro Carry. They are very different but both great guns, and I split time between them. One thing I do that's kinda silly is that I humanize them to the point that I think one will feel neglected and jealous if I leave it in the safe too long and don't give it "equal time" on my hip. LOL

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    I dont have that problem since I only have a few choices. My SCCY CPX-1 (usually what I carry since it's so small and concealable but also a 10 shot 9mm), Sigma .40 (but it stretches out my belt and is a pain to sit down or do anything...), or a Walther P22 (small caliber, long *** barrel with the extention and haven't bought the smaller barrel). So I always have my CPX-1 basically. And I only carry at work, at the range, or at home with no permit haha.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Keep your CCW options limited. In a stress situation we don't know how we are going to react. We don't want to be fumbling around trying to figure out where the gun is and how to use it(does this one have a safety or not) at our time of greatest need

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I rotate 4 different guns, but they are all 1911 frames, all have 4" (+/-) barrels, all use the same 8-round mags, all have the same trigger pull, and all use the same holster...

Works for me

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have many choices. I carry ONE. IF the time comes that I need the firearm, I don't want to have to think about which one is it? I want to be able to focus on the threat.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Usually the smaller J frame in the summer with shorts and
    .45 1911 in the winter.

.......And I only carry at work, at the range, or at home with no permit haha.

NOTE!

Just a quick reminder. How do you get to the range with no permit???

You can carry at your place of business, at your residence.. but without
    a permit you cannot (legally) transport you gun to and from the range.
    The only time you can transport your gun without a permit is to/from a dealer or gunsmith.

I'd rather see you safe than sorry. :twocents:

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    Have a buddy with ltch with you until your permit arrives. (everyone here should have or be in process of obtaining a permit if you own a handgun)

Top Bottom