• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I have rant I need to get off my chest and maybe save someone else.

Do not buy from Double Diamond Police Supply. Located in Arizona.

I purchased a custom AR15 in 40 S&W uses Glock magazines on November 1st. 2012
    I had to pay for it up front.
    I was told I would I would receive it in a week.
    Then promised I would have it by December 1st.
    Then promised by Christmas.
    Then promised by January 1st.
    Now, cannot get a return phone call or email.
    Looks like I'm out $1,800.
    Going to call my credit card company and see what can be done.:xmad:

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Not to mention their $199 stripped forged lowers.

File with your CC company asap before it's too late.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah Palmetto State Armory did the same thing to me. I made multiple purchases from them in the past without problem. The last time I ordered a holster and cancelled it the next day (for my BIL and was wrong hand) and they said I would be refunded within 10 business days. Never got a refund and this was in NOV.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    If they are in Maricopa County I would call Sheriff Joe's office. He is a no BS kind of guy and would not put up with that, especially using the name "Police" while doing business.
    Just a thought. Sorry for your bad luck with them.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    When did you place the order, exactly? You only have 90 days to dispute the charge with your credit card company. If you're near 90 do it now, if you're past then your only option is to work it out with the company directly or to take them to court.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    They're not trying to rip him off, just screw him over a bit. :D

I'm sure they took his order when prices were normal and since the scare they've been selling all of their inventory at "obama prices" and he'll get his when they don't have any more orders at the bend-me-over rate, which will be never...

ZenOhSix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I just found this thread; I wanted to point anyone interested with orders with DDLES to a consolidation thread that I started. We have had great success there - I encourage you to read that thread and post. Please see here:

DDLES Update : Spoke to Jon - AR15.COM

I am confident that no one is going to be screwed out of money. If people are concerned (understandably) - there are faster methods to get an update, money back, etc. Please visit that thread.

Thanks,
    Mike

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I have rant I need to get off my chest and maybe save someone else.

Do not buy from Double Diamond Police Supply. Located in Arizona.

I purchased a custom AR15 in 40 S&W uses Glock magazines on November 1st. 2012
    I had to pay for it up front.
    I was told I would I would receive it in a week.
    Then promised I would have it by December 1st.
    Then promised by Christmas.
    Then promised by January 1st.
    Now, cannot get a return phone call or email.
    Looks like I'm out $1,800.
    Going to call my credit card company and see what can be done.:xmad:

Dang and I was thinking of purchasing one of there 9mm lowers. I will have to rethink that. Good to know.

ZenOhSix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Dang and I was thinking of purchasing one of there 9mm lowers. I will have to rethink that. Good to know.

They are great lowers. Lowers are going out every 2 weeks. Those are not the problem at this point; it is the other industry starved items.

Thanks,
    Mike

ZenOhSix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I thought you only had 30 days to file a complaint/return credit with your credit card company?

Each CC is different. By law, there are some timelines to adhere by; check this site: Billed for Merchandise You Never Received? Here's What To Do | Consumer Information

What I would say is that I wouldn't rely on a government law to alievate your concerns. Second, I would contact your own CC and find out their policies. Some go months. Finally - before going through any long paperwork process that may/may not be resolved - go to the thread I posted above. Get an update on your order - and if it isn't what you want - cancel it.

Mike

goneshooting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I bought a 9mm stript lower from DDLES back in Dec. it arrived in about three weeks. I called them two weeks after order was placed they answered promptly and said it was going out next week, and it arrived just like they said . I cant say how well it works because I cant get the parts for it or for my stript upper.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    When did you place the order, exactly? You only have 90 days to dispute the charge with your credit card company. If you're near 90 do it now, if you're past then your only option is to work it out with the company directly or to take them to court.
    I've disputed charges successfully up 9 months after they were processed. I had the paper trail and the proof the the vendor led me on and on. The deal was, half the "product" made it and the other half didn't. They claimed they processed a refund but didn't. The cc wasn't joking around. They refunded the full purchase price even though I was only requesting 1/2 the purchase price because I had already received part of the product.

Top Bottom