• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm sure you've heard the story by now, about the bison calf taken for a ride in an SUV in Yellowstone. The people were concerned about it? So they took it from the herd?

Baby bison euthanized after Yellowstone tourists put it in their SUV | Fox News

1463455268729.jpg

I wish I were making this up. However, you and I know better - they did not apparently. The herd would not accept the calf back and so it had to be put down. Symptomatic. How many stories - thousands - could each of us think of and recount where someone wanted to help, usually there was no need for help, but their misguided ambition leads to disaster. What ever happened to if you don't know what you're doing, stay out of it? Or...God forbid...ask someone who does know about it and see what they say? Frustrated with this kind of story because it's the norm these days. Every day there's another story in the news where some do-gooder caused a tragedy.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I was kind of going another direction...this kind of "do-gooding" is symptomatic of a disconnection with the earth, how things truly are, how things are made, real science instead of pseudo-science, etc. For a generation with the best and fastest information availability in the history of mankind, we seem to know less and less as individuals, and less and less willing to look for answers.

Hence, do-gooding anti-gunners.

Do-gooding introduction of Canadian Wolves to an area of the Rocky Mountains where they've never been.

Climate Change.

On, and on, and on....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was kind of going another direction...this kind of "do-gooding" is symptomatic of a disconnection with the earth, how things truly are, how things are made, real science instead of pseudo-science, etc. For a generation with the best and fastest information availability in the history of mankind, we seem to know less and less as individuals, and less and less willing to look for answers.

Hence, do-gooding anti-gunners.

Do-gooding introduction of Canadian Wolves to an area of the Rocky Mountains where they've never been.

Climate Change.

On, and on, and on....

+10

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    An animal species that has spent thousands of years roaming the northern plains in all types of winter weather. A species specifically adapted to freezing temperatures. And these morons thought it looked chilly in May.

Watch an episode of Wild Kingdom idiots.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    An animal species that has spent thousands of years roaming the northern plains in all types of winter weather. A species speifically adapted to freezing temperatures. And these morons thought it looked chilly in May.

Watch an episode of Wild Kingdom idiots.
    That is what I thought. The temps that day they said was 30-50 degrees. Who is so brain dead to think the calf could be suffering in the cold?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    So one ignorant action deserves another? I doubt they euthanized it because it is too difficult to bottle feed it or graft it to a new mother, most likely they killed it to discourage future encounters like this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So one ignorant action deserves another? I doubt they euthanized it because it is too difficult to bottle feed it or graft it to a new mother, most likely they killed it to discourage future encounters like this.

Killing it is more of a message to other calves to stay with the heard.

Top Bottom