• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bleeding hearts. They're the type that are shocked when they save a baby duck from the mud and then a predator swoops in and eats in.

OMG, its gonna die. Lets save it! That thing just killed it!

Out of touch with nature and the way things work. Brainwashed in to thinking if they don't DO something, they're bad people

I was watching a show about birds and how they build their nests. There was a bit about I marsh sparrow (I think) that builds its nest on the ground in the grass of the marsh near the bay. Everyday the tide comes in and floods the nest. The stronger chicks are able to climb up to the top of the grass and avoid the water. The weaker chicks can't climb out and drown.

Mother nature is a harsh *****, but it's how these birds ensure only the strongest of the species survive.

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    This had the potential to end badly and should have. Years ago a pair of German tourists at Hayden Meadows got out of their car to film a bison. It was just lying there chewing its cud and wasn't doing anything filmworthy. So he went up to it and kicked it to make it move. It moved alright - stomped him into muck. And she got the whole thing on film.

In this instance, I am on team Bison.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My family went to Yellowstone when I was a teenager and the policy then was let nature take its course. Lightning starts a fire? Clear out the people and let it burn. Animal stuck in the mud? Leave it alone (ranger cut the rope on a tourist trying to help a moose). Do not feed the bears, no pic-a-nic baskets for Yogi.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I was kind of going another direction...this kind of "do-gooding" is symptomatic of a disconnection with the earth, how things truly are, how things are made, real science instead of pseudo-science, etc. For a generation with the best and fastest information availability in the history of mankind, we seem to know less and less as individuals, and less and less willing to look for answers.

Hence, do-gooding anti-gunners.

Do-gooding introduction of Canadian Wolves to an area of the Rocky Mountains where they've never been.

Climate Change.

On, and on, and on....

But wait! Gender is just a social construct. But mankind is destroying the planet.

SCIENCE!!

I was watching a show about birds and how they build their nests. There was a bit about I marsh sparrow (I think) that builds its nest on the ground in the grass of the marsh near the bay. Everyday the tide comes in and floods the nest. The stronger chicks are able to climb up to the top of the grass and avoid the water. The weaker chicks can't climb out and drown.

Mother nature is a harsh *****, but it's how these birds ensure only the strongest of the species survive.

Could we get human parents to do that too?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    My family went to Yellowstone when I was a teenager and the policy then was let nature take its course. Lightning starts a fire? Clear out the people and let it burn. Animal stuck in the mud? Leave it alone (ranger cut the rope on a tourist trying to help a moose). Do not feed the bears, no pic-a-nic baskets for Yogi.

Thats what I don't get, yes the idiots that picked it up are fully responsible, they should have left it alone. But why did the Rangers interfere buy euthanizing it? They should have taken it back to its herd and let nature take its course one way or the other.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thats what I don't get, yes the idiots that picked it up are fully responsible, they should have left it alone. But why did the Rangers interfere buy euthanizing it? They should have taken it back to its herd and let nature take its course one way or the other.

Can't / won't return an animal 'tainted' by human contact. :dunno:

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis

Agreed--if they weren't going to euthanize an animal with a broken leg (post on page 1), then why intervene this time? The coyotes/bears/whatevers wouldn't have let it starve to death--it'd be dead by morning light.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Agreed--if they weren't going to euthanize an animal with a broken leg (post on page 1), then why intervene this time? The coyotes/bears/whatevers wouldn't have let it starve to death--it'd be dead by morning light.

As I said earlier, they did try to return it to the herd. The herd rejected it. This is a week long story. Having officially orphaned the calf other people were stopping and causing an on-going problem. Since it's a calf and hanging close to the road, more do gooding...and something had to be done to keep an accident from happening or worse. BANG!!!! End of problem.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'll bet bison veal is even better than beef veal.

I got snookered into a Bison "hunt" years ago in Montana. Supposed to be fair chase, and to be fair they do have fair chase bison on this ranch - well over 47,000 acres including an entire mountain...but, it wasn't, long story short I wasn't coming home empty handed having paid my money so we slaughtered a two-year bison and brought it home in coolers of ice. It was absolutely delicious. It's leaner than beef and has it's own flavor, but delicious. I can imagine the veal would be more tender and even better. Some lucky coyote had a nice dinner I'm sure...and then of course the magpies.

Top Bottom