• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sorry, all. It appears I didn't come across as intended. I intended my final comments to be a digression... an aside to the ongoing discussion. I did not mean to imply any hypocrisy in this thread.

While skimming all the detailed methods for WH-only gun handing, it just struck me how, [in general, not necessarily in this thread] philosophies contradict each other. How often we hear that anything short of making a fist is too complex to do under pressure and yet how often we hear that a series of complex steps is required to do something right.

Of course this thread is about tactics. The tactics of WH only gun handling.

My example of the use of the slide release was just that, an example. not directly related to this thread. An example of how some say you can't do complex things and some say you must.

Notice I'm not even saying what I think is right. Just that the contradiction between the detailed steps here and the presumed inability to do details elsewhere struck me.

-rvb

Last edited:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Sorry, all. It appears I didn't come across as intended. I intended my final comments to be a digression... an aside to the ongoing discussion. I did not mean to imply any hypocrisy in this thread.

While skimming all the detailed methods for WH-only gun handing, it just struck me how, [in general, not necessarily in this thread] philosophies contradict each other. How often we hear that anything short of making a fist is too complex to do under pressure and yet how often we hear that a series of complex steps is required to do something right.

Of course this thread is about tactics. The tactics of WH only gun handling.

My example of the use of the slide release was just that, an example. not directly related to this thread. An example of how some say you can't do complex things and some say you must.

Notice I'm not even saying what I think is right. Just that the contradiction between the detailed steps here and the presumed inability to do details elsewhere struck me as.

-rvb

I understand what you are saying now. I am learning the 'why' I always had when I here of the same guys attending multiple training events per year. I understand that it's about getting the best from everybody, learning what works for you and implementing every time.

If only I had the money for all the events...

Top Bottom