• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    New survival series on Discovery. Basically you are dumped in a remote area Naked. You have to meet up with a person of the opposite sex. You can choose to take one item. You have to last 21 days to an extraction point.

Clint Jivoin was on an episode. He is a survival instructor for Willow Haven Outdoor near Anderson.

It was a train wreck.

This guy is afraid of snakes, spiders, and bats. Bailed on using the ocean for food, cause he was scared of sharks. Darn near starving facing a large snake and walks away.

All he did was complain and moan, and the girl carried him through.

Now the show is edited, and I am sure they tried to show the worst of him but what they show is pathetic.

Catch it and judge yourself.

Clint Jivoin : Discovery Channel

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    WARNING: GRAPHIC!
    [video=youtube_share;onQxirpZkmE]http://youtu.be/onQxirpZkmE[/video]

The producer almost lost his foot to a snake bite scouting locations for the show.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On the bright side, the girl in the episode was squared away. And she still looked good after 21 days even though she got so skinny and had no makeup. The girl who saved the subburned marine on a previous episode was also very capable.

Or, at least the editing made them both seem very knowledgeable, skilled, and level-headed.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Every time I look at these type of shows, I imagine myself to be part of the film crew that is following them in their journey. The show loses all appeal after that.

I know, I think too much.....

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    It is somewhat akin to watching a train wreck. Admittedly this show brings back childhood memories of me and my buddies arguing over who was the best "naturalist" and coming up with crazy ideas on our weekend camping trips. We loaded packs and hiked about 10 miles to a nearby river and made camp then made up stories of survival. Of course we actually only went when the weather was decent, at least the warmer seasons.

I do wonder what the editing entails as there seems to be large chunks of time that don't fit. I don't doubt that the participants may learn something, but it seems to be more TV and less "reality".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I watched the episode that had the former marine who was supposedly so badass and turned into a complete idiot and was carried through by the female. I have seen him somewhere else before. Reminded me of the former marine who was on survivor last season who was a complete joke. You would think they could do the marines more justice and screen these fools better.

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Yeh the Indiana boy was a little bit of a sis, He may train people about survival but he needs to keep his clothes on, and stick to the basics!!!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Huh. Sounds like this show follows a trend. Big, macho man is beat down and broken. Frail, girly female steps up to save the day. How many episodes follow this script now?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I really don't care for reality shows. Even the ones with temping subject matter have really dissappointed (Top Gun.) :xmad:
    I'll give this one a try though if we'll be discussing the shows.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    WARNING: GRAPHIC!
    [video=youtube_share;onQxirpZkmE]http://youtu.be/onQxirpZkmE[/video]

The producer almost lost his foot to a snake bite scouting locations for the show.

maybe its just me and my personal belief. But anytime i go hiking or camping, I NEVER wear flip flops or any sort of open toe shoe. Nor do i wear shorts even if its 96 + humid. Ever

Top Bottom