• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    IF this was my store I would have given the man a verbal warning and explained the protocol for this situation. Then I would have given him a promotion to store manager, a parking spot and awarded him employee of the month.
    I was commenting on the OP's comment without having read the article. Silly me, I didn't see any info about the gun in the article.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    At my college job, we were told to simply give the money over in the case of a robbery. If we refused to give the money, acted out physically, or chased down the individual we would be let go. According to the manager, it was company policy. I'm pretty sure it was just their way of covering their ass in case an employee was hurt in that situation and wanted to sue the company or something.

And terrythegamer is right - http://www.cobrapistols.net/product-patriot-series-380.asp

dude is lucky he didn't get shot

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Lets see how many more speedways now get robbed in that area after stating that their company policy is to just give the robber what he wants :n00b:

99% of big retailers tell their employees to just give the money to the robber. They have insurance for their loss. They want to minimize the risk of an employee being shot so give the bad guy the $ and he leaves. (hopefully)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Awhile back we worked an attempt robbery where the suspect came in with his finger in his coat pocket and the clerk told him "yeah...I'm going to have to go ahead and see the gun". Suspect left without taking anything. :D

Had another one where when the clerk jumped the guy when he took the gun off the clerk to get the cash out of the drawer. Clerk kicked his butt, took the gun away from him, and tried to hold him for police.

Neither was fired, but neither worked for Speedway. Boo, Speedway.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    IF this was my store I would have given the man a verbal warning and explained the protocol for this situation. Then I would have given him a promotion to store manager, a parking spot and awarded him employee of the month.

This is how it used to be. I would have too.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I would agree with the guy being an idiot. You don't go risking your life for 300 bucks of money thats insured and isn't even yours, especially when you have kids at home.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    There was a hold up man targeting a particular type of chain store where my wife works as a manager. He had a specific MO and yet the police had not yet caught him. He came in while she was on duty and she got ticked off and him and refused to give him the money.

He didn't show a gun and he was wearing such thick gloves that she didn't think he'd get a finger in the trigger guard. He got confused over her refusal to cooperate so he left. The chain managment didn't complain at all and treated her very well, even providing free counseling.

The next time the guy came in he was determined to do it right so he changed his MO and patiently walked the manager through all the steps she should take. During the process he gave away enough info on himself and dropped such a boatload of clues that the police were able to just go over and pick him up at home.

Sometimes things work out for the best...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would agree with the guy being an idiot. You don't go risking your life for 300 bucks of money thats insured and isn't even yours, especially when you have kids at home.

Giving in emboldens them. And how do you know that's all they'll do?
    Clerks have been killed that cooperated.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Lets see how many more speedways now get robbed in that area after stating that their company policy is to just give the robber what he wants :n00b:

You musthave never worked a job handling money. This is pretty much every companies policy. Even banks have this policy, this information is not new to the world to make more people commit crimes, most people know this already.

Top Bottom