• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    No they just dont work is why they are junking them.

do a search for tsaoutofourpants.com

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "A TSA agent in another room will see an image of your body that could include a revealing look at your entire body, including breasts, genitals, buttocks, and external medical devices."

If I had ever gone through one of those, some would laugh, some would cry, but most would hurl.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't know that I like this, now the perverts who were previously behind closed doors groping themselves while watching travelers go through the machine, will now have to go back to groping others again.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    File:Michael Chertoff, official DHS photo portrait, 2007.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy, but he made his money so thier good to scrach that idea and let the skunk dike make some.

Incorrect. He is a .gov worker. While he made some money he is not the big cat. The big cats are the companies that got the contract for these machines and if you dig deep enough you will see their connections to DC and how those companies got the money.

The system replacing it sounds just as effective and much less invasive.

Negative.
    Removal the entire system from the .gov hands. Let the airlines determine what security measures to best use and allow the market to choose if they want to use those measurements or not.

Ie. Delta airlines requires all passangers to strip to their underwear for boarding. American Airlines has no requirement, while South West has a metal scanner. How will the market react, which will fold, etc.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I had ever gone through one of those, some would laugh, some would cry, but most would hurl.
    The same could be said of me, but the point at issue is our personal dignity and privacy regarding our persons, not the extent to which the image appeals to the prurient interest, as I am sure is more likely the case with others.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The same could be said of me, but the point at issue is our personal dignity and privacy regarding our persons, not the extent to which the image appeals to the prurient interest, as I am sure is more likely the case with others.

I'd like to think that people of my general physical stature may have been a significant cause for this decision...all the lost work days due to PXSD (post x-ray stress dementia) probably became too much of a drain on TSA resources:D

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace

Personally while I don't like the idea of a TSA, I could care less if someone wants to look at my ****. That was until I went through Atlanta and after the scan the TSA Nazi pointed his finger at me and ORDERED me to stand on the SECOND not the first or third, but the SECOND rubber mat. Didn't ask me to, he ORDERED me to. I about went off with a "who the hell do you think you are, f*** you". Decided I wanted to get home more than making a point and sitting in jail.....:xmad:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Personally while I don't like the idea of a TSA, I could care less if someone wants to look at my ****. That was until I went through Atlanta and after the scan the TSA Nazi pointed his finger at me and ORDERED me to stand on the SECOND not the first or third, but the SECOND rubber mat. Didn't ask me to, he ORDERED me to. I about went off with a "who the hell do you think you are, f*** you". Decided I wanted to get home more than making a point and sitting in jail.....:xmad:

It's a sad state of our country when those are your options.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

Did he bend you over the.... nm

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    If you read more into it, they are only removing the Backscatter machines. The Millimeter scanners are staying. This is because they were required to integrate privacy software into them and the company that makes the Backscatter machines basically said F* it.

Top Bottom