• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Call me kooky, but I try to hire the most qualified candidate at my business.

If the person happens to be a black, lesbian, transgender, who identifies as a Chinese, drag queen, Chicago Bears fan, than so be it.
    Uh, NO. You were good, right up until you allowed for "Chicago Bears fan". What is WRONG with you!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I just learned something. I thought Ms. Lee was Asian. She's actually black.

Which puts a new spin on it. I thought she was pissed because the wrong minority was being chosen. No, she is pissed that he would appoint when its only a temporary position.

So he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt. If he chooses a white person, he's racist. If he chooses a brown person, he's wrong because the postion isnt permanent.

I love how they eat their own.
    No, actually she's p***ed because Newsome also pledged not to appoint someone who is already running for the seat because that would give them an unfair advantage. She is running for the seat already and she wanted that unfair advantage

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard some guy on the radio explaining how Republicans have now abandoned pretending to be conservatives and embracing being populists instead. He said probably 80% of the GOP are now populists.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I heard some guy on the radio explaining how Republicans have now abandoned pretending to be conservatives and embracing being populists instead. He said probably 80% of the GOP are now populists.
    I'm not sure what they think that means. But if it means saying and campaigning on what they think the people want to hear and then governing how they want, I agree...but then again, nothing's changed. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thats true in many States. And its happening more and more.
    Like Maryland, 3-4 Counties now run the State.

40% of the US population lives on the coasts. The coastal areas make up only 10% of the land mass. Large urban centers are dominated by Democrats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What does it even mean to be conservative anymore? What is of value worthy of conserving? The establishment is left. People on the right don't want to conserve that. I think "right" and "left" communicate more about actual values than "conservative". All progressive apparently means is the tactics one is willing to use to impose their will on everyone else. "Liberal" doesn't really mean anything anymore as today's self-described liberals don't want anything to do with actual "liberating".

I don't think I can identify as "conservative" anymore because I don't want to conserve anything about the currently established values. So you can call me a populist if you want. I'll wear that tag proudly, because I don't want elites telling me how I must live my life. That's not something we can conserve because that would imply we already have it. I don't know if we've ever really had that, in my lifetime at least. It's something I think the libertarians have right. Leave me the **** alone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not sure what they think that means. But if it means saying and campaigning on what they think the people want to hear and then governing how they want, I agree...but then again, nothing's changed. ;)
    That's what TPTB keep telling us it means, except they claim it always leads to totalitarian rule. But then, the globalist world TPTB propose looks way more totalitarian. Populism means ordinary people get to rule, which one could easily say was the professed ideals of the US founders, even though they were all mostly elites themselves.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Or IL. They should break that state in two: Chicago and Downstate.
    Theres a bunch of States its happened and happening to. And as time goes on with the shrinking of some demographics and the raising of others it will continue most likely. With States like Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Top Bottom