• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Condolences to her family for the loss, and for enduring the charade of keeping her in office these last several years.

It's hard to cheer when, frankly, there was nothing left of the woman we all knew and loathed. She was an empty shell being led around by a bunch of aides while unknown, unaccountable people ran her office for her.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    H*** and its Master is welcoming one of its demons back home. I'm sure she'll enjoy the heat.

Sorry, but my charity is pretty much all used up towards those who take an Oath to the Constitution, then spend a lifetime subverting it and mocking it. Her, Shumer, Pelosi, and a host of others fall in that category.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interested to see if the rumors/speculation play out and Kamala is named her replacement.
    An appointed VP to fill a vacancy must be confirmed by both houses of congress (simple majority, I believe)

Might be tough sledding

Edit: Maybe one last chance for Mitt to betray us, though

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Move Kamala to governor, Newsom to VP, Shiff to senate. Solves a number of issues.

I'm sure this didn't catch them by surprise, a lot of the details have probably already been worked out.
    And why would the Republican-majority House of Representatives go along with appointing Newsom as VP? More than likely, they would simply obstruct any nomination, leaving Kevin McCarthy, as Speaker of the House, as next in line in succession.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    And why would the Republican-majority House of Representatives go along with appointing Newsom as VP? More than likely, they would simply obstruct any nomination, leaving Kevin McCarthy, as Speaker of the House, as next in line in succession.
    Do we really want McCarthy to be next in line? I mean his conformation was a good spanking for him to keep him in line. But I can't help but feel there is something sinister that had gone on behind the closed doors during that time.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Do we really want McCarthy to be next in line? I mean his conformation was a good spanking for him to keep him in line. But I can't help but feel there is something sinister that had gone on behind the closed doors during that time.
    He is from California.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Only 5 republican representatives would need to side with the dems (assuming they would vote en bloc) in order to confirm

Your estimation of the spine of 'republicans' from places like CT or NH or RI is more generous than my own. Finding 5 Judases from among 221 doesn't seem like it would be that difficult in an area of the country where John Sununu is considered a conservative

Top Bottom