• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nah. It's probably just sour grapes at DeSantis because you think he betrayed Trump by running. It seems if someone is not sufficiently loyal to Trump you develop a TDS-like contempt for them.
    I'm not the one posting who has to criticize anything but his own views as poorly thought out or emotionally driven or cult-like yada yada yada

No one but you can hold honestly thought out views if they differ from yours, Diogenes?

I've already posted it elsewhere, Trump/Ramaswamy 2024 where we get to see how he does as #2 man before handing him the keys and then he is handed the America First torch in 2028 because DeSantis will be a smoking hole in the ground in the shape of Scott Walker

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not the one posting who has to criticize anything but his own views as poorly thought out or emotionally driven or cult-like yada yada yada

No one but you can hold honestly thought out views if they differ from yours, Diogenes?

I've already posted it elsewhere, Trump/Ramaswamy 2024 where we get to see how he does as #2 man before handing him the keys and then he is handed the America First torch in 2028 because DeSantis will be a smoking hole in the ground in the shape of Scott Walker
    Well, usually honestly well thought out views are evidenced by not always being one-sided.

And about Ramaswammy, jury is still out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Vis a vis pardoning Hunter, I don't try to hypothesize rational reasons why people do surprising things anymore. I just let people run with crazy as a reason, because it satisfies some inner need for them and thus tends to muffle the noise

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If a Trump surrogate said this the roar would be deafening on INGO…

That’s kinda taking the Trump way. I think GOP voters should support the GOP nominee. Except if somehow the fat ass pussbag weasels himself into the nomination. Chris Christy should never again be let anywhere close to a pen and phone.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That’s kinda taking the Trump way. I think GOP voters should support the GOP nominee. Except if somehow the fat ass pussbag weasels himself into the nomination. Chris Christy should never again be let anywhere close to a pen and phone.
    It's not unfair in light of the possibility of Trump going third party, it's just incredibly stupid to believe that we would have a lock on control of either chamber or that weasels like Romney or Murkowski or Collins won't negate that control anyway

People that are partisan enough to put FetterShrek in a senate seat are not concerned about the country but only obtaining an holding power

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    it's just incredibly stupid to believe that we would have a lock on control of either chamber or that weasels like Romney or Murkowski or Collins won't negate that control anyway
    I have long suspected that if the republicans get control with a conservative majority in the senate, that group will flip and hand control to the dems…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Things appear to be a bit stagnant here lately in the GP so here's something I'm sure will rejuvenate the "cordial" banter. :)

DeSantis speaks out against criticisms that he is a RINO by others in the party for not being thoroughly loyal to Trump in their estimation. Some are angered by his terminology used to describe that if all you do is kiss Trump's ass and follow, whatever happens, to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning you become "listless vessels" and they liken it to an HRC "deplorables" moment.

Seems to me like he just wants to be judged based on his conservative record and not his loyalty to Trump or lack thereof.

"We have a strand in our party that views supporting Trump as whether you are a RINO or not. And so you could be the most conservative person since sliced bread. Unless you're kissing his rear end, they will somehow call you a RINO," he said.

DeSantis listed several of his own conservative credentials and said that many Republican US Congress members are judged on their loyalty to Trump rather than their records.

He said that criticisms of him being a RINO are "totally fabricated" and that "ultimately, a movement can't be about the personality of one individual."

"Because if you're not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow, whatever happens, to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that's not going to be a durable movement," DeSantis said.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not unfair in light of the possibility of Trump going third party, it's just incredibly stupid to believe that we would have a lock on control of either chamber or that weasels like Romney or Murkowski or Collins won't negate that control anyway

People that are partisan enough to put FetterShrek in a senate seat are not concerned about the country but only obtaining an holding power

I don't agree with the idea of snubbing Trump if he's the nominee and then thinking that you've gained something by voting for down ballot Republicans. I agree that this is idiotic. But, if somehow the fatass pussbag wins the nomination, he's practically a democrat anyway and we're ****ed. At that point I would hope for Trump to run third party because at least that's a viable choice compared to someone like Christie. Or whatshername.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If a voter chooses to vote for Trump, even if the voter doesn't participate in social media, and not vote for D'tis, is that voter still a "listless vessel" ? D'tis is insulting individuals personally with this kind of talk. Deplorable, listless; is there a difference? Ron doesn't think so. IMO, I think more is being made of Ron D.'s comment than should be. Politicians choose their words based on the audience at hand. It's business as usual. So I take no personal offense to his statement. But making such a statement doesn't better his position. Error, Ron DeSantis.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If a voter chooses to vote for Trump, even if the voter doesn't participate in social media, and not vote for D'tis, is that voter still a "listless vessel" ? D'tis is insulting individuals personally with this kind of talk. Deplorable, listless; is there a difference? Ron doesn't think so. IMO, I think more is being made of Ron D.'s comment than should be. Politicians choose their words based on the audience at hand. It's business as usual. So I take no personal offense to his statement. But making such a statement doesn't better his position. Error, Ron DeSantis.
    I agree that more is being made of it than should be.

If you read everything in context the gist of it appears to be that D’tis doesn’t want to be stuck in a position of having to kiss Trump’s ass or hang on every word of Truth Social media posts like a "listless vessel" and if he doesn't he's labeled as a RINO. Rather he wants to be judged by his own conservative record than any loyalty to Trump standard. For further context I'm just curios on how the question was phrased that he was responding to.

But you are also correct in that people will make political hay out of it focusing on his terminology rather than the context as a whole and he should have known better.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is the part of the interview (about 2mins and 50 secs.) that has the whole context, question and answer of what DeSantis was responding to instead of snippets pieced together by the media leaving out the full context to incite outrage.

Even Mark Levin who is known to be a staunch supporter and defender of Trump has called out the outrage for the out of context mischaracterization of what DeSantis said.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems to me like he just wants to be judged based on his conservative record and not his loyalty to Trump or lack thereof.
    An alternative interpretation is he is desperately grasping for something, anything to keep a lack-luster copycat campaign afloat and relevant. At this point I assume he has calculated he hasn't got much left to lose by showing his true colors (and it probably smells awful to be drafting Christie)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Because if you're not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow, whatever happens, to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that's not going to be a durable movement," DeSantis said.
    It has been durable enough to last 8 years against everything a hostile government and CoCrublican judases can throw at it

I'd say check in on DeSantism in three years for a comparison, but I'm not sure he's even got three more weeks - then it will be talk the talk and walk the Walker in '26

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I agree that more is being made of it than should be.

If you read everything in context the gist of it appears to be that D’tis doesn’t want to be stuck in a position of having to kiss Trump’s ass or hang on every word of Truth Social media posts like a "listless vessel" and if he doesn't he's labeled as a RINO. Rather he wants to be judged by his own conservative record than any loyalty to Trump standard. For further context I'm just curios on how the question was phrased that he was responding to.

But you are also correct in that people will make political hay out of it focusing on his terminology rather than the context as a whole and he should have known better.
    But, to me, the mere fact he feels the need to state that shows that he is feeling the pressure. The way to not have to 'kiss ass' is to just refuse. It will be self-evident, he won't need to sell it - but he will have to shoulder the consequences. By p***ing and moaning he only shows he wants to do the deed but not pay the price. I'd be more impressed if he refused to kiss Dave McIntosh's ***

I never much liked the guy, but I thought he at least had game

Top Bottom