• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’m sure they’ll watch it for the potential trumpergasm. I mean especially the 2nd video. I’m sure it was posted on INGO back in the day. With “WINNING!” Commented all over it. How can a bonafide Trumper not at keast watch for the nostalgia? I think it’s only the deafening dissonance that prevents them from watching videos that don’t praise Trump.
    I might watch it but my TDS is acting up right now...maybe later..like later later.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Prior to 2016 we did not know the extent of the corruption we know now, in the FBI, DOJ, and CIA. Most of us were defining the swamp as congressional corruption, and unchecked bureaucrats at EPA, IRS, BLM, and FDA.
    Why would you have assumed any alphabet agency was any different?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why would you have assumed any alphabet agency was any different?
    I wrote in the quoted post what I believed at the time so why ask again. Did you believe the FBI, DOJ, and CIA were lying to the FISA court to surveil a presidential candidate/president? Show your work…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why do Trumpers forget that Trump campaigned on draining the swamp during the 20-6 election season?

But they won’t watch it. It’s a video. Well. Maybe they’ll watch it. Maybe climax once or twice. It’s vintage Trump.

And to Trump’s credit, he did have some accomplishments in that direction early on. Not exactly draining anything. More like hindering movement within the swamp. Nothing lasting. They’re subject to change by another pen and phone.

But to claim that Trump did not campaign on it, or that everyone understood “drain the swamp” to mean congress, is utterly ridiculous. It’s denial of actual history. Why?

Your political understanding is lacking, you are really saying the meaning of drain the swamp has not changed with every revelation of the political actions of the deep state? Speaking of revising history, Trump went in office in 2017 planning to be a centrist, TPTB coming after him the way they did pushed him to the positions. I believe that is proof they cannot comprise his like others can be…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wrote in the quoted post what I believed at the time so why ask again. Did you believe the FBI, DOJ, and CIA were lying to the FISA court to surveil a presidential candidate/president? Show your work…
    I believed they lied long before that to FISA courts. The whole FISA court is a joke.

The FBI has been corrupt since its inception. The CIA has probably been so as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Your political understanding is lacking, you are really saying the meaning of drain the swamp has not changed with every revelation of the political actions of the deep state? Speaking of revising history, Trump went in office in 2017 planning to be a centrist, TPTB coming after him the way they did pushed him to the positions. I believe that is proof they cannot comprise his like others can be…
    Yeah I think I remember that he originally wanted to extend a hard and work with the democrats but that all changed when they slapped his hand away.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your political understanding is lacking, you are really saying the meaning of drain the swamp has not changed with every revelation of the political actions of the deep state?

Things change, yes. But. Go back and rewatch Trump’s campaign speeches. It’s clear that you’re not correct, regardless of your retconning of what you believed at the time. Trump talked about the swamp as being the people in the executive branch. You keep changing the story to meet the demands of your latest defense if Trump.

Speaking of revising history, Trump went in office in 2017 planning to be a centrist, TPTB coming after him the way they did pushed him to the positions. I believe that is proof they cannot comprise his like others can be…

Is this yet another attempt to retcon draining the swamp? You perhaps don’t realize that the 2016 campaign is all over youtube, preserved for anyone who doesn’t mind watching videos.

Incidentally, in my trip through history recorded on YouTube, I’ve found speeches where agree with 80% of what he said. That’s pretty high for a politician. But if I mentioned any of the 20% disagreement, you’d vigorously argue that the 20% disagreement means 100% TDS. ABT my ass.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Why do Trumpers forget that Trump campaigned on draining the swamp during the 20-6 election season?

But they won’t watch it. It’s a video. Well. Maybe they’ll watch it. Maybe climax once or twice. It’s vintage Trump.

And to Trump’s credit, he did have some accomplishments in that direction early on. Not exactly draining anything. More like hindering movement within the swamp. Nothing lasting. They’re subject to change by another pen and phone.

But to claim that Trump did not campaign on it, or that everyone understood “drain the swamp” to mean congress, is utterly ridiculous. It’s denial of actual history. Why?

It may be that he intended to be the proverberial bull in a China shop in this regard, but that everyone around him told him that he couldn't once the sham Russian collusion investigations were kicked off and became public. It's purely optics at that point, crafted based on the level of susceptibility of the gullible public to swampy propaganda. We all know how the mentally malleable American electorate would have reacted to Trump firing everyone investigating him, regardless of whether it was wholly justified or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think I smell a goalpost move.

<sniff>

Yep.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It may be that he intended to be the proverberial bull in a China shop in this regard, but that everyone around him told him that he couldn't once the sham Russian collusion investigations were kicked off and became public. It's purely optics at that point, crafted based on the level of susceptibility of the gullible public to swampy propaganda. We all know how the mentally malleable American electorate would have reacted to Trump firing everyone investigating him, regardless of whether it was wholly justified or not.
    I think some of that did happen. I’m sure Trump became more aware of the need to drain the swamp as the swamp worked harder against him.

But. If we’re talking about may be’s, it seems like a reasonable conclusion that he picked up on it at a rally where the crowd was chanting “drain the swamp”. And then went with it because the crowd liked it. I think that was the start of it.

But he campaigned on it, and didn’t accomplish any actual swamp draining.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I think some of that did happen. I’m sure Trump became more aware of the need to drain the swamp as the swamp worked harder against him.

But. If we’re talking about may be’s, it seems like a reasonable conclusion that he picked up on it at a rally where the crowd was chanting “drain the swamp”. And then went with it because the crowd liked it. I think that was the start of it.

But he campaigned on it, and didn’t accomplish any actual swamp draining.
    I don't know, maybe he picked it up from campaign rallies, maybe he believed it before he came down the escalator.

But in 2016 and the subsequent years of his administration, the idea of the corruption of the "swamp" I think could be written off as so much right wing conspiracy agitation by a large majority of the public. I don't think that's as much of the case as it used to be. Desperation begat a bit of recklessness that pulled back the curtain and destroyed their credibility to a larger segment of the public. Trump, or Desantis, now have receipts in hand; I'd guess Trump is probably more motivated to bring about a reckoning for obvious reasons.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Anyone who watched Comey's strained July 5th, 2016 "exhoneration" of Hillary knew then and there... day one, hour one, minute one, Comey needed to be fired AND everyone attached to him. There is a reason both the Hillary and the Trump investigations were "kept" within the FBI HQ politicos... would not fly in field offices.

Draining the swamp STARTS with chopping the head off of the beast... it doesn't end there, but it definitely STARTS there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lincoln was the "Rail-Splitter and DeSantis is the "Nail-Spitter"

BigRed should be here in a bit when he senses that Lincoln's name was mentioned. :):
    Lincoln actually did split rails. Do you have any pictures of DeSantis spitting nails (or is it similar to some some Democratic bills, we have to elect him to see what's in it)

And speaking of names calling certain members, please don't mention a certain dialectic

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m sure they’ll watch it for the potential trumpergasm. I mean especially the 2nd video. I’m sure it was posted on INGO back in the day. With “WINNING!” Commented all over it. How can a bonafide Trumper not at keast watch for the nostalgia? I think it’s only the deafening dissonance that prevents them from watching videos that don’t praise Trump.
    Ron and the team copy.jpg

Ron and the team take a break to discuss strategy in Iowa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    As I have previously stated, 'drain the swamp' carries a nebulous definition. It is literally defined by each individual unique to his own world view and it's malleable as new truths are exposed. Those screaming "Trump's a loser because he didn't drain the swamp" can only say that relative to their own definition. Another person might say exposure is the first step to draining the swamp. Further, that person might say Trump didn't just expose individuals, he named names. He demonstrated the difference between what was said to the camera and what was said to peers behind closed doors. In fact, one might believe Trump made every effort to "drain the swamp". Unfortunately the swamp was bigger, deeper and more nefarious than anyone might have believed prior to Trump's first term.

Trump demanded other countries pay their pledged $hare for miscellaneous treaties, partnerships, etc. He stood before the people and said 'Look! these weasels haven't paid for diddly. America has been footing the bill!' Isn't that part of draining the swamp? He tried to build a wall (something I'm actually against) but was thwarted by any and every individual, agency and NGO that have vested interests in maintaining illegal immigration. Trump asked for assurances from other nations (Ukraine specifically, hmm..) that America's money wasn't being used or taken via grift and corruption - he was impeached for simply asking such! He didn't start a new war for profit. He claimed to be pro-life and backed it up. He attempted to make peace between nations that have been at war for millennia.

I believe Trump absolutely began the process of draining the swamp because many of his words *and actions* demonstrate his efforts to reign in all of the grift, corruption and duplicity in our government. The reality is all three branches are awash in criminal level corruption along with every 3-letter agency. The only person that can "drain the swamp", to the defined expectations each of us hold, is you, me and us.

Top Bottom