• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of course, we are allowed to pick and choose when it is in our favor. I just find it funny to see people celebrate the HHS when is may be suggested getting high on drugs in one step closer. The 4473 is only required for those “other” criminals; like Hunter and the rest.
    Never said a thing about getting high. Just said that it never should've been classified as a schedule 1 drug. This opens it up for research for medical benefits, which is a good thing. If you think it's not, I hope no one you know has ever had cancer or glaucoma or severe pain. But maybe you'd prefer to keep feeding Big Pharma and poisoning people with opioids and synthetic drugs. That's your prerogative. I think it's wise to look for safer alternatives. :dunno:

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is this the same HHS that wants more masks?

Funny, in one breath they know nothing. In another breath pot heads love them.
    What a surprise response. Obviously anyone that thinks that marijuana shouldn't be a class1 drug is a pot head. :rolleyes: Some people just love them some big government, at least as long as it is controlling the things they think should be controlled.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I’m for at the very least classifying it accurately. Even a blind man can see it’s miscategorized. One of the stipulations for schedule 1 is that it has no medical benefit. MJ does indeed have medical uses now.

I’m ok with legalizing. And I have no intention of consuming. Just not my thing. .

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Of course, we are allowed to pick and choose when it is in our favor. I just find it funny to see people celebrate the HHS when is may be suggested getting high on drugs in one step closer. The 4473 is only required for those “other” criminals; like Hunter and the rest.
    Do you know that there are two synthetic THC drugs that are FDA approved to treat people, another synthetic which is very close to THC, and one that is actually made from marijuana? Does that seem a bit odd for something that the same govt says "has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."
    Never said a thing about getting high. Just said that it never should've been classified as a schedule 1 drug. This opens it up for research for medical benefits, which is a good thing. If you think it's not, I hope no one you know has ever had cancer or glaucoma or severe pain. But maybe you'd prefer to keep feeding Big Pharma and poisoning people with opioids and synthetic drugs. That's your prerogative. I think it's wise to look for safer alternatives. :dunno:
    I've known 2 people that used it medically, one was for migraines. A couple of puffs and it was Gone in 15-30 minutes if they caught it early enough. Without the Devils weed it was a trip to the ER for a shot, find a ride home, and be literally useless for the rest of the day.

Other had AIDS, they had a script for Marino (synthetic THC) but no pharmacy within a hour carried it and their insurance didn't cover it. At the time it was IIRC about $25 per pill and three pills a day. That much spent on MJ would last 1 to two weeks. Not to mention it was a scrap shoot if they could keep the pill down long enough for it to take effect.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It kind of does. Making a substance a schedule 1 drug really restricts it from research. If it were my decision, I'd be really hesitant to classify much of anything that strictly.

Make you wonder how it got the classification from the beginning, eh?

Do we think it was the alcohol lobby or the actual problems that arose from drug abuse at the time?

:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you know that there are two synthetic THC drugs that are FDA approved to treat people, another synthetic which is very close to THC, and one that is actually made from marijuana? Does that seem a bit odd for something that the same govt says "has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."

I've known 2 people that used it medically, one was for migraines. A couple of puffs and it was Gone in 15-30 minutes if they caught it early enough. Without the Devils weed it was a trip to the ER for a shot, find a ride home, and be literally useless for the rest of the day.

Other had AIDS, they had a script for Marino (synthetic THC) but no pharmacy within a hour carried it and their insurance didn't cover it. At the time it was IIRC about $25 per pill and three pills a day. That much spent on MJ would last 1 to two weeks. Not to mention it was a scrap shoot if they could keep the pill down long enough for it to take effect.
    Knew a guy with Cystic Fibrosis that was prescribed not only Marinol, but somehow also medical grade marijuana. At the time, he was the oldest living CF patient.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Do we think it was the alcohol lobby or the actual problems that arose from drug abuse at the time?

Not the bold part. Nor the first half.

Marijuana was placed in Schedule I in 1971 provisionally, until the science could be assessed. But Pres. Richard Nixon saw pot prohibition as a way to destroy the antiwar left, according to clandestine recordings made by Nixon in the White House as well as statements from his staff to the press. Nixon convened The National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse (what became known as the Shafer Commission) to engineer scientific support for cannabis’s Schedule I placement. “I want a ******* strong statement on marijuana,” Nixon said in tapes from 1971. “Can I get that out of this sonofabitching, uh, domestic council? … I mean one on marijuana that just tears the ass out of them.”

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that if (ethanol) alcohol were invented today, it would be a schedule 1 drug.
    Ethanol has at least one medical use, methanol poisoning. They have ethanol IV bags. From my limited understanding it works by binding to the methanol allowing the body to safely excrete it.

Knew a guy with Cystic Fibrosis that was prescribed not only Marinol, but somehow also medical grade marijuana. At the time, he was the oldest living CF patient.
    The feds have a weed farm for people who were involved in medical trials when they were allowed. The people were allowed to keep using it. IIRC it's down to a handful of people and that was a few years ago. From what I understand my dad was in the trial for glaucoma.

Top Bottom