• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    Just heard that the democrats are trying to pass a new bill that states,you can not use deadly force in your own home against a intruder!
    Anyone else hear this?
    Things are going from crazy to CRAZIER!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just heard that the democrats are trying to pass a new bill that states,you can not use deadly force in your own home against a intruder!
    Anyone else hear this?
    Things are going from crazy to CRAZIER!

Where'd you hear that? State, Federal?

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    google search, closest I could find below:

Texas Representative Thresa “Terry” Meza introduced a bill called HB 196 to repeal the “Castle Doctrine”, which allows homeowners to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into their home.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    google search, closest I could find below:

Texas Representative Thresa “Terry” Meza introduced a bill called HB 196 to repeal the “Castle Doctrine”, which allows homeowners to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into their home.

How it shakes out, we’ll see. But this is only the first of many such bills to be introduced in the next four years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK. If you are a member of INGO and would support such proposed legislation, please offer your reasoning for said support.

How about someone FIRST post the actual bill so we can see if it says what is claimed is said? :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If it will probably get support here, who will probably support it? Better to ask them and find out.

We had an instructor/advertiser take a similar position a few years ago. He basically argued that you should interview the intruder before shooting him. We got into a pretty intense exchange when I responded that if he is in my house, the monkey is on his back.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We had an instructor/advertiser take a similar position a few years ago. He basically argued that you should interview the intruder before shooting him. We got into a pretty intense exchange when I responded that if he is in my house, the monkey is on his back.

I have always been in favor of your house, your rules. However personally, shoot first ask questions later is not my answer to every scenario in my home.

I do not want the government taking away that option. Stand you ground, which seems to be the main target of this bill I feel the same.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have always been in favor of your house, your rules. However personally, shoot first ask questions later is not my answer to every scenario in my home.

I do not want the government taking away that option. Stand you ground, which seems to be the main target of this bill I feel the same.

By that point the most important question has already been answered so far as I have a potentially dangerous intruder in an unauthorized location hence representing a threat to myself or my family. Under favorable circumstances I may try taking a less combative stance but the default solution is to neutralize the threat before anyone I give a damn about gets hurt.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    She claims her bill is being misunderstood. It seems Texans are taking it as an attempt to weaken what they consider current legal protections they are in favor of.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't read the bill, was there anything about Social Worker Flying Squads?

We will see similar bills here in Indiana very soon. The bill introduced last year by Senator Greg "Obtuse" Taylor was every anti's wish-list. It was DOA in committee, made national news, and made Senator Obtuse the top NRA recruiter in the State.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Day drinking, it's what I do now. Ok, *sigh* let's review:

1. Texas law has a unique provision wherein one can use deadly force to protect property at night.

2. This has lead to questionable shootings, e.g. the man (Joseph Horn) who called 911 regarding a burglary, not of his house, but of a neighbor's home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Horn_shooting_controversy

3. This statute is unique to Texas and Indiana has no such equivalent statute.

We will see similar bills here in Indiana very soon.

We will not, because Indiana has no such provision to use deadly force at night to protect mere property as specified as in Texas.

This thread invokes Kirk's First Law of the Internet and rhino owes me TWO cases of .45acp. At today's prices rhino must now declare ammo bankruptcy.

Top Bottom