• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Day drinking, it's what I do now. Ok, *sigh* let's review:

1. Texas law has a unique provision wherein one can use deadly force to protect property at night.

2. This has lead to questionable shootings, e.g. the man (Joseph Horn) who called 911 regarding a burglary, not of his house, but of a neighbor's home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Horn_shooting_controversy

3. This statute is unique to Texas and Indiana has no such equivalent statute.

We will not, because Indiana has no such provision to use deadly force at night to protect mere property as specified as in Texas.

This thread invokes Kirk's First Law of the Internet and rhino owes me TWO cases of .45acp. At today's prices rhino must now declare ammo bankruptcy.

And there it is. Rep'd

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    People hear "property" and they have visceral reactions.

I wonder if it would change their opinions if we replaced "property" with "horse(s)"

I'm not gonna stand in line to kill horse thieves, but I won't be picketing the practice either...
    And if I'm not mistaken, that's where this Texas statute has its roots.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Day drinking, it's what I do now. Ok, *sigh* let's review:

1. Texas law has a unique provision wherein one can use deadly force to protect property at night.

2. This has lead to questionable shootings, e.g. the man (Joseph Horn) who called 911 regarding a burglary, not of his house, but of a neighbor's home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Horn_shooting_controversy

3. This statute is unique to Texas and Indiana has no such equivalent statute.

We will not, because Indiana has no such provision to use deadly force at night to protect mere property as specified as in Texas.

This thread invokes Kirk's First Law of the Internet and rhino owes me TWO cases of .45acp. At today's prices rhino must now declare ammo bankruptcy.

Similar: as in seeks to weaken Constitutional protections and natural rights. Not similar: find Texas, replace with Indiana. And leave Rhino alone!!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    By that point the most important question has already been answered so far as I have a potentially dangerous intruder in an unauthorized location hence representing a threat to myself or my family. Under favorable circumstances I may try taking a less combative stance but the default solution is to neutralize the threat before anyone I give a damn about gets hurt.

Thats probably where we differ, my default solution is to assess the threat.

I'll not try to spell out a bunch of hypotheticals, but there are some the assessment window would be very small others where it would be larger.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Says one that votes for an executive without first reading the candidate's platform on the Second Amendment.

:rofl:

Actually, If you care to look, I said I hadn’t read the platform from the website. I don’t think it’s a stretch say, that concerning the 2A, you really don’t need to look at the platform from the actual website, to know what the intentions of Democrats are.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can't speak for anyone else, but if someone breaks into my home, I'm pulling on them. If they manage to turn around and run back out before I start pulling the trigger, good for them. If not, too bad for them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can't speak for anyone else, but if someone breaks into my home, I'm pulling on them. If they manage to turn around and run back out before I start pulling the trigger, good for them. If not, too bad for them.

This bill does not address this. Absolutely NOTHING to do with the scenario you just described.

This bill addresses someone running off with your sprinkler at night in Tejas. Property. Texas law is unique in this regard.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This bill does not address this. Absolutely NOTHING to do with the scenario you just described.

This bill addresses someone running off with your sprinkler at night in Tejas. Property. Texas law is unique in this regard.

I know. It was more of a comment on the posts talking about threat assessment. Apologies if I wasn't clear.

Really into the Indiana craft distillers. Old 55 near me is very cool.

So... that's a no on the Ten High? Lol. I figured you'd want the cheapest/worst bourbon I could think of.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Look, rhino started the First Law of the Internet, to wit: if it is the law in Texas, it is the law everywhere. He must be held accountable.

In that case, he'll be filing Chapter 45 (ammo bankruptcy) soon.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Fast easy fix for thieves.

Top Bottom