• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    This is ****ed up in so many ways then. Satire is one thing but if quotes are directly attributed to someone then that goes beyond satire and should be an actionable offense.

In this case I don't blame anyone's reaction for taking those attributed quotes seriously.

The person who wrote this on his blog, (John Semmens) listed it as "SEMI-NEWS, SEMI-SATIRE" so it should have been obvious it wasn't really news and that it was satire. The worrisome thing is that it actually sounds like something a far leftest would say.

Edit: here's the link the post SEMI-NEWS/SEMI-SATIRE: December 13, 2020 Edition - National News/Current Events - The Briefing Room Some funny stuff in there.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, just woke up from the stupor that INGO put me in. Are we all squared away that:

1. The bill only addresses a unique area of TEXAS law that has no equivalent under Indiana law.

2. This bill was prompted by the racial politics in play in Texas, especially after the 2007 shootings.

3. The parody accounts are exactly that parody, do not use made up rubbish (funny, but rubbish) as a method to confirm your own biases.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Given no resistance, they would strike self defense in a heartbeat.

Texas?! Hell, I'll direct you across the Atlantic to our friends in England to see this in action.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My comments in red for clarity.

So, just woke up from the stupor that INGO put me in. Are we all squared away that:

1. The bill only addresses a unique area of TEXAS law that has no equivalent under Indiana law.

Incrimentalism.

2. This bill was prompted by the racial politics in play in Texas, especially after the 2007 shootings.

Because we have no racial problems in Indiana.

3. The parody accounts are exactly that parody, do not use made up rubbish (funny, but rubbish) as a method to confirm your own biases.

True, but, many suspect that the attitude is closely related to truth.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My comments in red for clarity.

True, but, many suspect that the attitude is closely related to truth.

I've been to some black expos. I've heard what people say about black expos. We have some racial issues in Indiana.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Are we in agreement that even though it's Texas we still don't support democrats trying to limit self-defense? My rights!

Top Bottom