Democrats at it again, this time it’s DC statehood.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    As it should be. Our Founders were brilliant. They are also spinning in their graves.
    ^^^^This^^^^

They were brilliant because they lived through it. They knew what happens when the government gets all the power, unfortunately many nowadays are to stupid to realize this and we will someday get to experience what our Founding Father's did.

Even with them trying their Damned Best to warn us. :ugh:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm shocked at the amount of major legislation that the current House has been pushing through so quickly. It seems like this type of legislation in years past would take forever to wind it's way through, adding a state is a major deal and they're pushing it through like it's just some random resolution.
    As a data point, DC Statehood made it out of the House last June. (while Trump was still in the Oval Office) It died on the steps of the Senate.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    As a data point, DC Statehood made it out of the House last June. (while Trump was still in the Oval Office) It died on the steps of the Senate.
    True, there was an initial bill in 2017, then a resolution was passed in 2019 after the democrats regained power, then a full year passed until the House approved it in 2020 which we knew would never see the light of day in the Senate nor be approved by Trump. I guess I just expect more debate on major pieces of legislation instead of a couple speeches the day it's voted on. I guess I could support a city becoming a state if we can divide a lot of these blue states into rural and urban and see how the democrats like that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This is exactly the sort of hyperbole that you can't KNOW unless you're clairvoyant or telepathic, and coincidently is exactly the sort of thing you would decry if it was critical of progressives or leftists or Muslims - or pretty much anyone except the MAGA
    I read that post as critical against the GOP and Dems. In that neither cared about the citizens, and wanted/didn't want it for their own respective political ends. Are you perhaps suffering from JDS?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DC will be an expensive seat, all the election consultants and PR people are licking their chops on this one. I wonder if it will generate a sort of beltway within the beltway.

Always follow the money

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    True, there was an initial bill in 2017, then a resolution was passed in 2019 after the democrats regained power, then a full year passed until the House approved it in 2020 which we knew would never see the light of day in the Senate nor be approved by Trump. I guess I just expect more debate on major pieces of legislation instead of a couple speeches the day it's voted on. I guess I could support a city becoming a state if we can divide a lot of these blue states into rural and urban and see how the democrats like that.
    No doubt. It's got an easier path this year, but I still foresee a battle.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    DC will be an expensive seat, all the election consultants and PR people are licking their chops on this one. I wonder if it will generate a sort of beltway within the beltway.

Always follow the money
    So true.
    In this case, money derived from power; power derived from votes.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    One wonders if the population of the area even wants it. They don't pay state taxes now, and I'm sure any new state government will want the biggest and best of everything so that will probably be added on top of their already exorbitant local taxes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They would love it. The 'state' of Chicago would give them two more reliably Dem senators. You have to go the other way and find a way to dilute blue city machine power by splitting the city up and combining the parts with enough sensible rural people to make each district competitive

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I read that post as critical against the GOP and Dems. In that neither cared about the citizens, and wanted/didn't want it for their own respective political ends. Are you perhaps suffering from JDS?
    No, but if you truly believe that there was no difference in real caring for Americans between Trump and Biden then IMO you might be suffering from some cognitive issue

Notice I don't claim to know, I just express an opinion. It is the difference between 'Trump was only in it to make money' and 'TJBB is of the opinion that Trump was only in it to make money' - one masquerades as a statement of fact, the other is an evidence-free delusion

My main complaint with JK and the JK-adjacent is IMO they're wishy-washy about everything - muslims, communists, BLM, Antifa, progressives, the left, etc - except Trump and America First

I just get tired of the constant "Well, not all [insert non-Trump non-AF group name] are [righteous criticism they wish to alibi and quibble with] but some are [specious reference to some unsupported imagined redeeming virtue that some few are expected to exhibit]"

I keep hoping they will break free from that OODA loop (Orient Obfuscate Defend Act self righteous) but I'm a man of limited patience

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Pretty obvious that it is about seats, not representation for the inhabitants, otherwise they would just let the outlying regions go back to the state it was derived from.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    They would love it. The 'state' of Chicago would give them two more reliably Dem senators. You have to go the other way and find a way to dilute blue city machine power by splitting the city up and combining the parts with enough sensible rural people to make each district competitive
    But... then Illinois minus chicago, would more than likely flip to 2 red seats

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pretty obvious that it is about seats, not representation for the inhabitants, otherwise they would just let the outlying regions go back to the state it was derived from.
    I think someone tried. Maryland said, "Ain't no f*****ng way we're taking that hell hole. We already got Baltimore."

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Making DC a state, packing the Supreme Court, letting illegals into the country, stuffing the ballot box, gun control, higher taxes, defunding the police and so on is all about gaining control forever and a signal party system. This country needs to wake up soon. It is so obvious what the Dems are doing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No, but if you truly believe that there was no difference in real caring for Americans between Trump and Biden then IMO you might be suffering from some cognitive issue

Notice I don't claim to know, I just express an opinion. It is the difference between 'Trump was only in it to make money' and 'TJBB is of the opinion that Trump was only in it to make money' - one masquerades as a statement of fact, the other is an evidence-free delusion

My main complaint with JK and the JK-adjacent is IMO they're wishy-washy about everything - muslims, communists, BLM, Antifa, progressives, the left, etc - except Trump and America First

I just get tired of the constant "Well, not all [insert non-Trump non-AF group name] are [righteous criticism they wish to alibi and quibble with] but some are [specious reference to some unsupported imagined redeeming virtue that some few are expected to exhibit]"

I keep hoping they will break free from that OODA loop (Orient Obfuscate Defend Act self righteous) but I'm a man of limited patience
    None of that was in the post, you went on a rant saying he would be against it, if it was critical of leftist/progressives/etc. When the post was critical against them. And yes everyone knows the reasons they want/don't want DC to be a state. At least in general, there may be a few who want/don't want for other reasons.

And honestly, I don't think there is much of a difference in caring for American's between Trump and Biden. What they think is best? Oh hell ya there is a difference, but in just caring? Not really. But IMO are large part of both was the desire to benefit themselves and ego.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Making DC a state, packing the Supreme Court, letting illegals into the country, stuffing the ballot box, gun control, higher taxes, defunding the police and so on is all about gaining control forever and a signal party system. This country needs to wake up soon. It is so obvious what the Dems are doing.
    And yet some people here voted for the Democrat party knowing all this.

Top Bottom