Democrats at it again, this time it’s DC statehood.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm shocked at the amount of major legislation that the current House has been pushing through so quickly. It seems like this type of legislation in years past would take forever to wind it's way through, adding a state is a major deal and they're pushing it through like it's just some random resolution.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Race?

Wow, that's the most clear use of the race card I've seen in sometime. (EDIT: I'm accusing Rep. Jones)

Everyone knows the GOP is against for the simple fact that it's a big loss for them, and the Dems are for it because it bolsters their numbers. None of them actually give a **** about the denizens of the District.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm shocked at the amount of major legislation that the current House has been pushing through so quickly. It seems like this type of legislation in years past would take forever to wind it's way through, adding a state is a major deal and they're pushing it through like it's just some random resolution.
    They know their time us short. They'll keep throwing spaghetti at the wall until then.

If they can steal another election, these insane ideas will then be just their agenda. Not crazy talk anymore.

Its exactly how the also insane green new deal is now the agenda.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They know their time [is] short. They'll keep throwing spaghetti at the wall until then.

If they can steal another election, these insane ideas will then be just their agenda. Not crazy talk anymore.

Its exactly how the also insane green new deal is now the agenda.
    They do?

Given the shambolic state of the GOP... You don't have the steal an election when your opponent is bipolar.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Can't win SCOTUS fair and square? Just add more justices.

Can't win the Senate fair and square? Just add more Senators.

Democrats have no values and no principles except seizing and keeping power for themselves by any means necessary.

Yep, pretty much.

Interesting related article:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Race?

Wow, that's the most clear use of the race card I've seen in sometime. (EDIT: I'm accusing Rep. Jones)

Everyone knows the GOP is against for the simple fact that it's a big loss for them, and the Dems are for it because it bolsters their numbers. None of them actually give a **** about the denizens of the District.
    I’m against it because it’s un-freaking-Constitutional, myself.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Race?

:rolleyes: Yes, it has nothing to do with making a city into a state being an asinine idea.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Race?

This is exactly the sort of hyperbole that you can't KNOW unless you're clairvoyant or telepathic, and coincidently is exactly the sort of thing you would decry if it was critical of progressives or leftists or Muslims - or pretty much anyone except the MAGA

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    This is exactly the sort of hyperbole that you can't KNOW unless you're clairvoyant or telepathic, and coincidently is exactly the sort of thing you would decry if it was critical of progressives or leftists or Muslims - or pretty much anyone except the MAGA
    Pretty strange, he's been decrying hyperbole in a few other threads.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You guys have latched onto that, huh?

When it comes to voting and districts, it doesn't take a genius to see the self-serving nature of it.

I mean we can all agree Dems. are doing this to gain votes, not because they care about people, right?

If DC voters were overwhelmingly Rep. would we see McConnell push for DC statehood? Maybe, maybe not.

Personally, I think it's a horrible idea.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You guys have latched onto that, huh?

When it comes to voting and districts, it doesn't take a genius to see the self-serving nature of it.

I mean we can all agree Dems. are doing this to gain votes, not because they care about people, right?

If DC voters were overwhelmingly Rep. would we see McConnell push for DC statehood? Maybe, maybe not.

Personally, I think it's a horrible idea.

No, McConnell would give a spiel about how he doesn't have a spine and won't do what it takes to win, shrouded in excuses.
    Then when Dems do it, he'll say "Woah there, slow down democrats" then approve a plan to make bits and pieces of DC a state over the next decade.

Top Bottom