• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've already responded to this. I don't see the need to repeat it.

Are you a gun owner? The reason I ask is that I scanned your post contributions back 5 months and didn't see anything related to firearms other than politics.

There isn't a clean cutoff on the issue by party affiliation.

First article I got on google. There are many more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-republicans-actually-support-gun-control/

Not only am I a Republican but my guns also are Republicans and if this **** continues I am going to register them to vote.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, the strategy is: Alienate democrat gun owners so that they no longer assist in the 2A fight? That's your strategy?

You are already carrying water for the other team. WTF are you going to do? Start voting for gun grabbers? Oh, wait, you already are, so what difference do you make?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, the strategy is: Alienate democrat gun owners so that they no longer assist in the 2A fight? That's your strategy?

Your post is too limited. Its any gunowner that does not vote single issue. They just assume that such folks are democrats.

I've had one here that blatantly said under no circumstances would he offer me any assistance if I needed it because of assumptions he made about me that were blatantly untrue.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Your post is too limited. Its any gunowner that does not vote single issue. They just assume that such folks are democrats.

I've had one here that blatantly said under no circumstances would he offer me any assistance if I needed it because of assumptions he made about me that were blatantly untrue.

My single issue is the Constitution. While there are few truly good candidates in this regard, those actively going on the offensive are domestic enemies any way you slice them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My single issue is the Constitution. While there are few truly good candidates in this regard, those actively going on the offensive are domestic enemies any way you slice them.

Since the Constitution is a living document, are you saying that the Constitution as written now? There is nothing in it as written now that you wish to see changed?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Since the Constitution is a living document, are you saying that the Constitution as written now? There is nothing in it as written now that you wish to see changed?

The Constiution is a textual document with strict provisions for amending. I would actually take back things like Senator popular election to the framers position. It has been proven over and over most of the changes have not been for the good of the people...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if someone votes Democrat, some Republicans will view them as enemies, because most Democrat platforms involve restricting the 2A? Hmmm. So what exactly kind of enemies are they? The “I’m not inviting you to my BBQ, no you can’t use my hedge clippers, call the police their music is too loud” enemies? Lol... it’s a tad bit over dramatic isn’t it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So if someone votes Democrat, some Republicans will view them as enemies, because most Democrat platforms involve restricting the 2A? Hmmm. So what exactly kind of enemies are they? The “I’m not inviting you to my BBQ, no you can’t use my hedge clippers, call the police their music is too loud” enemies? Lol... it’s a tad bit over dramatic isn’t it?

Just what is the proper response to those that want to take away Constitutional rights?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

The kind that if they were dying of thirst and I had extra water I would dump it in the dirt before I gave them any. The kind that if they were having a seizure on the ground I would step over them and continue on my way.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just what is the proper response to those that want to take away Constitutional rights?

First can we agree that there has always existed, an ignorance amongst our fellow countrymen who wish to take away our rights? If so, we oppose their intentions and try to bring them knowledge. If we start off with a war-like footing, by calling them “enemies,” we’ll only get them to bury their heads even further. Remember, the current idea of how we see the 2A, is honestly not even that old... we’ve had much longer heritage of being “ok,” with 2A restrictions than the other way around. Time, society, and knowledge is on our side.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The kind that if they were dying of thirst and I had extra water I would dump it in the dirt before I gave them any. The kind that if they were having a seizure on the ground I would step over them and continue on my way.

Im not cut from that cloth. I’d offer water, with the requirement that they listen to me speak.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    LOL is not exactly a rebuttal. If you have better facts, link them. If not.....

There is this recent poll by Gallop, (11-16-20) not an article from the Washington Post from 2017, (right after the Los Vegas shooting). https://news.gallup.com/poll/325004/support-stricter-gun-laws-lowest-level-2016.aspx Drill down to the demographics and you will see 85% of Democrats favor more gun control while only 22% of Republicans support more gun control.

The pole concludes, "In a year that has seen record-high gun sales, Americans' appetite for gun control is the lowest it has been since 2016, before mass shootings in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Parkland, Florida. There has not been a major mass shooting in the U.S. since mid-2019 -- which may explain the decline in support for stricter gun laws, given that the trend on this measure has shown that such events tend to drive public opinion. In addition, there has been a sharp drop in Republicans' support for stricter gun laws over the past year as the nation has dealt with the pandemic, civil unrest and the presidential election." (Emphasis added by me.)

So yes Democrats overwhelmingly support gun control, Republicans not so much.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    LOL is not exactly a rebuttal. If you have better facts, link them. If not.....

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/22/facts-about-guns-in-united-states/
    7 facts about guns in the U.S.

Yet these views differ sharply by party: 86% of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents say gun laws should be stricter, while 31% of Republicans and GOP leaners say the same. For their part, Republicans are much more likely than Democrats to say gun laws are about right (49% vs. 11%) or should be less strict than they are today (20% vs. 4%).
    Partisans are also deeply divided over whether it is more important to control gun ownership or protect gun rights, according to the September survey. Eight-in-ten Republicans say it’s more important to protect the right of Americans to own guns than it is to control gun ownership, while just 21% of Democrats say the same. That 59 percentage point partisan gap is up from a 29-point gap in 2008.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Have you posted in the grudge thread? I would like to know for certain where you would fall.

Top Bottom