• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    And I thought Fort Waynes mayor was corrupt.

“People look at politics like a joke, it’s like a mockery right now because of all this stuff,” Village of Dolton Trustee Kiana Belcher told The Post. “She comes to board meetings dressed like Nino Brown.”

The former burger joint owner turned local politician is under fire for allegedly plundering Dolton’s coffers for personal extravagances, and using law enforcement allies to oppress opponents.

Lawrence Gardner, 57, told The Post Friday Henyard shut down his trucking business because he refused to renew a $3,500 contribution to her political war chest.

Gardner claimed he made an initial donation to Henyard, but her minions kept coming back for more.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    DOLTON, Ill. — When a lender sent a Valentine’s Day letter to city leaders in Dolton threatening to repossess 13 village vehicles – including six police cruisers – it’s not the first time the suburb’s leader has found herself in car trouble.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

“People look at politics like a joke, it’s like a mockery right now because of all this stuff,” Village of Dolton Trustee Kiana Belcher told The Post. “She comes to board meetings dressed like Nino Brown.”

The former burger joint owner turned local politician is under fire for allegedly plundering Dolton’s coffers for personal extravagances, and using law enforcement allies to oppress opponents.

Lawrence Gardner, 57, told The Post Friday Henyard shut down his trucking business because he refused to renew a $3,500 contribution to her political war chest.

Gardner claimed he made an initial donation to Henyard, but her minions kept coming back for more.

Saw this in my news feed this moning

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Somehow the article left out the part about her being in jail, when is that going to happen?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    My cousins grew up in Dolton, in the 60's and 70's it was as perfect a place to grow up as Mayberry. We spent days in open fields riding our bikes and shooting BB guns. It was growing like crazy as the fields were being built into subdivisions. Like a lightswitch my Aunt and Uncle had to get out in the 90's as the demographics changed. It was run by the infamous Shaw brothers for years and as time went by they has lots of legal troubles and scandals. Harvey next door had Donald Kellog as mayor for years with one scandal after another and I believe he ended up in jail or died before he could be locked up. After seeing what happened with the other scandalous politicians it is all the more perplexing to me why she thought she could somehow get away with all this.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If you google her name there’s a long list of sleaze surrounding her.

She hires DJs for town meetings, uses the cops as backup dancers in her music videos (paid for by the town apparently) and has a full time handpicked 6 man security detail from the PD everywhere she goes … including Austin, NYC etc. Flies first class and stays four star.

Her contract says she can have security but it’s supposed to be sourced from cops already on shift, and changed when the shift changes. Instead she uses the same guys all the time.

An FOIA request for security detail records show some of them logging 200hours per two-week pay period, and one claimed 303 hours - there are only 336 hours total in 14 days. Overtime costs have built up to $1M, and the town is in debt $5M.

And if you mention any of this, it’s because your “against black women in power”.

This is a town of 20,000 people. Apparently they were thrilled when they elected the youngest mayor ever. They’re not so thrilled now.

Elections have consequences said a famous community activist from Chicago, of which this town is a suburb.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If this ghetto broad is doing this in a small town, you can imagine what they are getting away with in the big cities. It’s pretty much the reason I’m hoping for everything to burn. People see it, they know it’s going on, but are afraid to put themselves out in front to stop it. The time is coming soon when we start all over again.

Edit to add: there’s no hope for a community that elects people like this.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It sounds like there's a back-story on how this place became this way:

...It was run by the infamous Shaw brothers for years and as time went by they has lots of legal troubles and scandals. Harvey next door had Donald Kellog as mayor for years with one scandal after another and I believe he ended up in jail or died before he could be locked up. After seeing what happened with the other scandalous politicians it is all the more perplexing to me why she thought she could somehow get away with all this.

Now the demographics have changed, and the current beneficiary of the corruption is a black woman. Alamo nailed it. The "Kut" interpretation of this would be, the residents of the town were fine with this corruption, until a black woman started benefiting from it.

I will guarantee there are some residents in the town who think this is cool AF. She could get away with hiring 50 Cent to slow-jam the city council meetings, as long as she didn't "hurt" anybody in the process.

Corrupt officials don't meet their end because they spend profligately. They meet their end because they hurt somebody, either someone important enough, or a large enough quantity of "smaller fish" that they get the attention of someone important.

It appears she may be close to reaching that limit.

Top Bottom