Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In Washington D.C. the powers that be prefer you to be a victim. Don't defend yourself as you only create more problems.:laugh:

The government wants you dead. If you are dead, they get your stuff and you do not create problems for them.

MILLER: D.C.'s crime solution: Be a victim - Washington Times

For someone coming to the realization that the government wants you dead, see:

Cornered Cat - The Day I Discovered That HCI Wants Me Dead

What a great quote from the Cornered Cat story..

"..the only person in this incident that would have been affected[by gun control] would have been me. My creepy attacker apparently didn't feel he needed one; he had size and strength on his side. That's why my very personal opinion is that gun control sucks. "

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    In Washington D.C. the powers that be prefer you to be a victim. Don't defend yourself as you only create more problems.:laugh:

The government wants you dead. If you are dead, they get your stuff and you do not create problems for them.

MILLER: D.C.'s crime solution: Be a victim - Washington Times

For someone coming to the realization that the government wants you dead, see:

Cornered Cat - The Day I Discovered That HCI Wants Me Dead

Is this the same gov't that makes sure the votes are counted and reported accurately during elections? You know, to make sure no candidate gets cheated.

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Is this the same gov't that makes sure the votes are counted and reported accurately during elections? You know, to make sure no candidate gets cheated.

Holds out my clinched fist for a fist bump....:yesway:

Steve L

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

No, it most certainly is not. The police do not count votes.

I can go over who does if you want. Why do you ask?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It is DC. I think most of them lost their minds years ago. Glad to see that they WANT people to play the victim. Had I know that went I was going through DC for medical problems, I would have robbed people left and right, cause its not seeming to be illegal. Funny how they are still clinging to the guns are evil and cause crimes, when its been shown time and again that the more guns, the less crime. When you have the facts on your side, argue facts. When you have the truth on your side, argue truth. When you have neither, look for dirt or yell about emotions.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's true in many other countries.
    Dont carry weapons and dont use them if you are attacked, is the common rule of most governments for their citizens.
    I know that in France some gun owners got in trouble for shooting at someone breaking into their house.
    We can own guns just like in the US (semi-auto handguns and rifles, pump shotguns, high power rifles and such) but we dont have any kind of "castle doctrine" laws so those tools can only be used for hunting or shooting sports.
    I dont even mention that carrying a knife or any other "deadly weapon", including pepper spray is a big no-no unless you have some very good reason to those items on you.
    And no "personal protection" is NOT a good reason according to the law.

If you hurt your attacker/intruder you will get sued, if you kill him you can go to jail for murder.

And meanwhile, the criminals use full-auto AKs, RPGs, and military grade explosives to attack armored trucks and banks, even to shoot at the police.
    For some reasons those laws are not followed by criminals ... how weird.
    Feels like déja vu.

Yet those laws are here to protect the public.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It's true in many other countries.
    Dont carry weapons and dont use them if you are attacked, is the common rule of most governments for their citizens.
    I know that in France some gun owners got in trouble for shooting at someone breaking into their house.
    We can own guns just like in the US (semi-auto handguns and rifles, pump shotguns, high power rifles and such) but we dont have any kind of "castle doctrine" laws so those tools can only be used for hunting or shooting sports.
    I dont even mention that carrying a knife or any other "deadly weapon", including pepper spray is a big no-no unless you have some very good reason to those items on you.
    And no "personal protection" is NOT a good reason according to the law.

If you hurt your attacker/intruder you will get sued, if you kill him you can go to jail for murder.

And meanwhile, the criminals use full-auto AKs, RPGs, and military grade explosives to attack armored trucks and banks, even to shoot at the police.
    For some reasons those laws are not followed by criminals ... how weird.
    Feels like déja vu.

Yet those laws are here to protect the public.

Ah yes, the feel good laws. Like a 4 foot chain link fence. It will stop people from getting in, if they are legally trying to get in and talk to you. But for any criminals, its a speed bump, if that. Or the security at the airport, it could be used much more effectively, but it wouldnt be as lookie good, feelie good.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    What do you suppose is the source of their thinking? Is DC a bastion of liberal leaning citizens who believe that this is a natural progression of civil evolution or is it more of a belief that security of the pols and foreign dignitaries can be more easily managed with uber restrictive firearm laws? I find it to be curious where the east coast mindset is now considering the composition of the origonal colonies and what they were able to accomplish.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    "Be a Victim!"

Isn't that the slogan of most Liberals?
    This is also the mentality of CA in general.

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    DC Crime Response: Be a Victim...

Makes sense to me, afterall, it is District of Criminals is it not?

Steve L

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It is DC. I think most of them lost their minds years ago. Glad to see that they WANT people to play the victim.

I think repeter is on to something here.

The fact that the DC police establishment has to make an inane statement like this shows that they are responding to people who wish to exercise their RKBA.

There is hope, even in DC.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    The feel good laws are so easy though. It is hard to think about scary things. It is scary to think that someone may try to hurt you or your family. People want to believe that the world is a nice place. That their pretty little city, full of people who think about rainbows and unicorns, some how can not have bad things happen in it.

The police can tell them all day long to play victim, the police have nothing to do with the event. They only have to deal with the aftermath. Why would you listen to them? They are not going to be there for the event.

The reality at this point is they are not likely to be attacked. That may change in the near future. I hope that people wake up soon enough to prevent that from happening.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Maybe they have a spelling problem?

images

Top Bottom