• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    You are still the ONLY person I know of that likes changing the clocks. You're same old arguments are exactly that, old.

They need to pick a time and leave it. There is NO reason to mess with the clocks twice a year.
    I'll split the difference...

I don't like changing the clocks (thankfully still have a few that I have to manually change so I know what time it really is), and the Monday morning after "springing forward" does seem like more than a single hour of jet lag...

But I do enjoy all of the stated benefits and the extra hour of sleep in the fall.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    We should be on Daylight Saving the entire year.

Having more daylight later in the day benefits the most people.

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    Rather just stay on EST. Early morning riser here, don't like driving to work when it's dark in the mornings. Still had plenty of time in evenings to get work done. Going to bed when still light out not natural when accustomed to std time for many.many years before dst. Like to see/hear nature more in early mornings when starting to get light outside/& sun starting to rise.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We were on CDT year round for decades. That corresponds with our correct time zone. EDT, which we are about to start does NOT correspond with our correct time zone.
    There is no "correct" time zone for us, it is all a construct. We have two choices for time zone, we can be the leading edge of central or trailing edge of eastern.

We cannot go back to not being on DST unless the country changes, it sucks having a changing time differential with other states...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There is no "correct" time zone for us, it is all a construct. We have two choices for time zone, we can be the leading edge of central or trailing edge of eastern.

We cannot go back to not being on DST unless the country changes, it sucks having a changing time differential with other states...
    There are options:

1) Move to the eastern edge, instead of staying on the western edge, of a given time zone. Or move to the middle of the time zone.
    2. Change latitude. Move closer to the equator to mitigate the daylight-cycle inter-seasonal swings.

The worst of all options is to fiddle with the clocks continually.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    There are options:

1) Move to the eastern edge, instead of staying on the western edge, of a given time zone. Or move to the middle of the time zone.
    2. Change latitude. Move closer to the equator to mitigate the daylight-cycle inter-seasonal swings.

The worst of all options is to fiddle with the clocks continually.
    Option C). Move to Arizona where they don't fiddle with changing clocks

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As you said, the physical act of changing clocks takes maybe 5 minutes. The problem is the impact to Circadian rhythm, sleep cycle, and hour-shift in the sunlight cycle.
    I get that, but feel the end result is why it to me and mine, obviously others don't. It works out great for most all I know. I know very few that are affected negatively by the changes.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've never had a issue with the time change, my work start times varied on a day to day basis depending on where I was going that day.

As far as having to change the time on a clock, that is a non issue because I look at it this way, if people are going to biotch about something as simple as changing the time on some clocks, can you imagine how much they're going to biotch about something really important.

Karen on steroids comes to mind. :lmfao:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It isn't just the effort of changing clocks. It's being two ****ing hours off solar time. It's children boarding school busses in the dark. It's disruption from long established routines. All because Mitch Daniels was sucking someone's dick for money.

Top Bottom