• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It shows that huge amount of our anti DST'rs never had business dealings with businesses in the state in a different time zone when the majority of the state was on the same time year round. It caused problems, both from logistical and operations standpoint with companies that did business over the entire state.

It was a nightmare on a daily basis dealing with the "region", Jeffersonville/Clarksville/New Albany and Evansville areas.

Not only that, but it caused problems with shippers from out of state, and when you're getting 75-100+ trucks a day bringing in shipments. it was confusing as :poop: and a pain in the arse for my old beer distributor and any other type of distributor.

I just wish people would stop biotching about some of the simple things like changing a clock twice a year while our rights are being slowly eroded, but that is a different thread.
    I don't want to live in a world where I can only complain about one thing at a time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The whining here about changing clocks is just hilarious, like it is some big deal. It takes about 5 minutes to change mine. 5 five freaking minutes! LOL

You're welcome to come help me change legacy industrial equipment's clocks.
    And the headaches that result for the department that keeps track of product going through our lines. Customer orders a certain steel, at a certain width, we process that and the computers log it.
    Well, till they get confused.
    Then it's millions of dollars of confusion.
    And the great thing is, YOU PAY FOR IT.
    Everytime you buy something, anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I get that, but feel the end result is why it to me and mine, obviously others don't. It works out great for most all I know. I know very few that are affected negatively by the changes.

I didn't realize the .gov was there to help your "feelings".
    I'm glad it does.
    Maybe if you come to the other side, you'll get to see how fun it is when it doesn't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What we have here is not a relative sample. We apparently have the largest group of anti DST I have ever seen. I think it stands to reason that those dissatisfied would want to voice that far more than most supporters would spend time telling how much they get out of it.

And what you have in your personal life is not a "relative sample".
    And that sample for me, depends on if we're talking personal life, or work life.
    And those samples vary widely.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And the fact that it is akin to masking, in that the claimed benefits, when studied closely, turn out to be non-existent
    Why can't I agree and laugh at the same time?

Perhaps forums are just 2D interactions between 3D personalities.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If they ever do take DST away and or move us to CST my quality of life would truly be diminished. I genuinely use that hour or two of light to work and play. It would be missed greatly.

And f*** that you can do it in the morning. That is not an option for my work nor my play...

My heart bleeds for you.
    Of course, a bit less, since you've basically said the same thing to us.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I just went out and shot 20 rounds right handed then I shot 20 rounds left handed from my rifle off the back deck.

Sunday it will be too dark to do so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just went out and shot 20 rounds right handed then I shot 20 rounds left handed from my rifle off the back deck.

Sunday it will be too dark to do so.
    Did you do it at dawn? Because otherwise, it will be light later on Sunday. But if at dawn, then yeah, you're going to have to wait.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So life just grinds to a halt for you from November to March? Can you at least admit that there are others for whom that extra light at night is of no use to them?
    I have often said that much of the disagreement on this issue is morning people vs night people. So definitely there are those that feel exactly opposite of my situation.

No life would not grind to a halt for me, but I would lose 7 very productive hours a week without DST that would be replaced with 7 hours of light while I'm trying to sleep.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have often said that much of the disagreement on this issue is morning people vs night people. So definitely there are those that feel exactly opposite of my situation.

No life would not grind to a halt for me, but I would lose 7 very productive hours a week without DST that would be replaced with 7 hours of light while I'm trying to sleep.
    Ditto.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I think where I differ is that I believe more people want the DST timing vs. the other.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    7 hours of light while I'm trying to sleep.
    You do know they make room darkening blinds/curtains.

A certain time in my life I had to be in bed by 8:00-8:30 because I had to be at work by 2:30am to deliver wine to Evansville. Close them up and nighty night. Of course it's not hard to fall asleep in bed after delivering 1500-2000cases of beer in a day.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You do know they make room darkening blinds/curtains.

A certain time in my life I had to be in bed by 8:00-8:30 because I had to be at work by 2:30am to deliver wine to Evansville. Close them up and nighty night. Of course it's not hard to fall asleep in bed after delivering 1500-2000cases of beer in a day.
    Oh yeah, the room darkening shades are a big help! I like a nice dark room for an afternoon nap too. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think where I differ is that I believe more people want the DST timing vs. the other.
    Maybe it's an age thing. I could've sworn we had DST for a little bit back in the late 60's or so. And I loved it as a little kid! Even up through my 30's I stayed up late. Once I started working day shift jobs, even in the restaurants, I started showing up early. Most times, the overnight cleaning crew guys would let me in at TGI Fridays up at Keystone at the Crossing here in Indy. :):

Once I started in IT, I still got in early. I just liked the idea of being done with work as early as possible (thus giving me that extra time after work that you like). Working from home, I'm usually "at work" by about 4 or 4:15 am. But I work until 3 p.m.. I put in extra time "off the clock" so I don't feel guilty about doing laundry, cutting the grass (a few laps at a time), etc. while I'm "on the clock" so to speak. I understand that not everyone has that option though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom