• Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    STRAWMAN!

Heck this guy just plagiarized this thread. :lmfao:

He has no new ideas, none. Just the same ole BS put out to get clicks.

Americans don’t get more daylight. Plants don’t enjoy an extra hour of sunshine. As the Transportation Department’s 1974 study admitted, “DST does not affect the actual number of hours of darkness during a 24-hour period.” And if the hours of darkness are not affected, neither are their counterparts.”

Could someone show me a serious article that makes the author believes that DST creates more daylight? “That actual the number of hours of hours of darkness” decrease and light increases?

Changing clocks does not change science or the amount of light, it is about shifting the typical workday, a social construct, to earlier in the the light period we have thereby leaving more of the available light after that workday or even more workday for some.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I'm amazed at how many people who live in a central area get upset with a time change 2x a year. Those who live on a border manage time zones every day. People living in Illinois but working in border city Terre Haute deal with it every day, and visa versa. NWI is on Illinois time. I leave my daughter's house in South Bend and the Portage Bass Pro Shop is in different time zone. We still manage.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    STRAWMAN!

Heck this guy just plagiarized this thread. :lmfao:

He has no new ideas, none. Just the same ole BS put out to get clicks.

Americans don’t get more daylight. Plants don’t enjoy an extra hour of sunshine. As the Transportation Department’s 1974 study admitted, “DST does not affect the actual number of hours of darkness during a 24-hour period.” And if the hours of darkness are not affected, neither are their counterparts.”

Could someone show me a serious article that makes the author believes that DST creates more daylight? “That actual the number of hours of hours of darkness” decrease and light increases?

Changing clocks does not change science or the amount of light, it is about shifting the typical workday, a social construct, to earlier in the the light period we have thereby leaving more of the available light after that workday or even more workday for some.
    The whole article claims that the one-hour time change is detrimental, but the next to last line says, "For something as insignificant as a one-hour time change?" Is it detrimental or insignificant?

Every Sunday I get up an hour earlier than my regular time, so that I can get to church on time. If I am tired in the afternoon I take a nap. It does not take several days to recover.

Top Bottom