• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The body adapts to the new cycle easily, this is called entrainment.
    Kinda like the triviality of one hour of jet-lag.
    Actually, if you research it your circadian rhythm does not adapt, it is fixed according to periods of light and darkness. It's only you acclimate to the new schedule just like your dog does

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Actually, if you research it your circadian rhythm does not adapt, it is fixed according to periods of light and darkness. It's only you acclimate to the new schedule just like your dog does
    Yeah, the light/dark changes are probably the strongest influence. The body adapts easily to changes, whether it is the gradual seasonal changes or the more rapid changes of moving to a different longitude. They have also put volunteers in living quarters in caves where the time was hidden from them(no clocks) and found they settled into their own sleep/activity rhythm, commonly longer than 24 hours, like 25 or 26 hours. They also monitored various biological markers that vary with the cycle. When done these people adapted back to the "real" light/dark cycles easily.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Time changes are for working folks to have some life after work, the elites have no need for this…
    The Indiana Time Zone debacle has been a beast born in the imaginations of those very elites ! The desire to be on the same time as St Louis has been heralded by those wanting perceived advantages in the marketplace for goods and services. Follow the money.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Indiana Time Zone debacle has been a beast born in the imaginations of those very elites ! The desire to be on the same time as St Louis has been heralded by those wanting perceived advantages in the marketplace for goods and services. Follow the money.
    This makes no sense to me. Who is it that wants to be on the same time as St Louis? If you said NY I could buy that.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    45 and some sun is tolerable but that wind…. Makes me glad I don’t have to work outside all day.
    We have two buildings at work, right next to each other. About 11:00 this morning I needed to haul some stuff over to the other building with the forklift, and just outside the big overhead door wasn’t too bad, sun felt good, so I decided to make the trip without putting on my long sleeve carhartt shirt.

Huge mistake! Once I got to the end of the building and got into the howling wind, it was terrible!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We have two buildings at work, right next to each other. About 11:00 this morning I needed to haul some stuff over to the other building with the forklift, and just outside the big overhead door wasn’t too bad, sun felt good, so I decided to make the trip without putting on my long sleeve carhartt shirt.

Huge mistake! Once I got to the end of the building and got into the howling wind, it was terrible!
    We have a similar situation at our plant. The wind tunnel effect is a thing.

Top Bottom