• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm new to this discussion, and having just skimmed over the comments, I am puzzled. People are saying (and not just on INGO) that they hate DST, but are complaining about the changing of the clocks tonight, when we will go back to Standard time.

So, what's the consensus, hatred of DST, hatred of Standard time, or just hatred of changing clocks biannually in general? And if the latter, on which should we stay?

Personally, I couldn't care less, but I would like the entire country to synchronize. I lived in the Central time zone all of my life, before moving to The Fort 8 years ago. And back when most of Indiana didn't change its clocks, I thought it cheesey of Indiana to chronologically be with Chicago for half a year, but with New York for the other half.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Maybe you misunderstand. People want to stop changing the clocks. Some people, like me, would prefer to stay at UTC-4. Others might rather stay at UTC-5. But regardless, people just one to pick one and stop changing them back and forth.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe you misunderstand. People want to stop changing the clocks. Some people, like me, would prefer to stay at UTC-4. Others might rather stay at UTC-5. But regardless, people just one to pick one and stop changing them back and forth.
    Thanks, that answers my question.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I say screw it, no matter what we do, people will biotch, it's the nature of humans to biotch. So how about we just go UTC-4.5 year round to really screw things up so everyone biotches about it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thanks, that answers my question.

After several years of banter on this thread and others, the real rub is the physical changing of the clocks, followed by those that get grumpy when the time changes. Otherwise the debate is over the relationship of the normal business hours to sunrise and sunset and wether you want more time with light before or after normal work hours...

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Being retired, I don't really have a dog in this fight. However, I do have what I consider the Ultimate Retired Guy part time job, working maintenance at a muni golf course. This time of year, we don't start until 7, but still, it will be the first time that the hour of extra sleep will work in my favor, which is nice.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    b19309_9e70c5dc54fb4a849cff9359744842cd~mv2.jpg

It's not really the changing of the clocks - that's just a symptom - it's the changing of all the schedules back and forth by an hour to keep a different schedule for a third of the year that's so silly.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am not a meme maker but one of you can certainly make this up.

The Aztec's goofed up, the world was supposed to end in 2012 but they didn't account for DST, adjusted for DST it ends in 2020...

Seems appropriate for the way the year has been going...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    5J-V-eZnvZkQwK2WM3DL2Qt--yVTDGpi9bZ32AdYeGlXsszq-nDRoYJB54jx6OthJmbquscO6YeBSunoZm9xQifJEieLoJpo2fa3ilf_l_wil6W1aqfyWv1RAYop

It's not really the changing of the clocks - that's just a symptom - it's the changing of all the schedules back and forth by an hour to keep a different schedule for a third of the year that's so silly.

Love the entrepreneural spirit of Ron Popiel. Remember the pocket fisherman? LOL

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

By changing the clocks the schedule remains the same unless you milk cows...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Once again, I survived the chance from DST. My schedule did not change, the amount of sleep that I got was not affected by the clock. EIther efverythign changed or nothing changed. Much ado and angst over nothing.

Move Indiana to the Central Time Zone.

Top Bottom