Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Folks, what's the good and the bad of the PSA Dagger? They have some deals
    See a lot of good reviews

Indydave
    Calling @NHT3 calling NHT3... PSA Dagger question in aisle "handguns"...

I have watch as NHT3 shot a PSA in a match. He did well and the gun never hiccuped. He should be along in a bit to give good feedback.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Only cons are trigger if you’re a trigger snob. And the takedown pins are roll pins not solid pins so a little harder to tske down. Pros are they are basically Glocks with actual good ergos.

I’ve had a few. Still have one (not sure how long) but only bc I don’t like polymer much

IMG_2181.jpeg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Calling @NHT3 calling NHT3... PSA Dagger question in aisle "handguns"...

I have watch as NHT3 shot a PSA in a match. He did well and the gun never hiccuped. He should be along in a bit to give good feedback.
    I have one for sale on the board so I don't want anyone to think I'm plugging the sale.
    Upsides are, as Jonathan from Colonial Penn says, Price, Price and Price plus better ergonomics as well as what most consider a pretty good trigger.
    They aren't "perfection" but nothing is. I honestly haven't had an issue with any of them other than they are supplied with magpul mags and as good as their AR mags are their glock mags seem to be hit and miss. In my opinion, mechanically it's a less expensive Glock with some, what I consider engineering upgrades. Disassembly for trigger work can be a little more challenging until you get the hang of it but not as complicated as an M&P. If anyone has specific questions PM me, I'll do my best to answer but I feel it's as good as any striker fired pistol on the market.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So I've seen the daggers, read a little bit, and handled one at NRAAM, but not really done any due diligence.

Are these based on Gen3 Glocks? Anyone know if a Advantage Arms kit made for a Gen 3 Glock 19 would run one a Dagger frame? With Dagger frames going for $49 currently, it might be interesting to just put my AA kit on one and make it a full on gun all the time. I was contemplating selling off my AA kit as I have largely moved on from Glocks (Still have a couple), but this might change my mind.

Edit: I read here: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...paign=202300710&utm_term=morning&utm_content= that they are compatible with Gen 3 parts.

Wonder if anyone has tried an AA kit on one. Even with the transfer fee added on this might be worth it.

Does anyone just sell the frames locally (central IN)? That may avoid the cost of the transfer fee on a frame.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    They are gen 3 based. I’ve seen in some of the dagger Fb pages people running the aa 22 slides but I don’t have any personal experience doing so. They seem to be just fine from what I can remember seeing

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They are gen 3 based. I’ve seen in some of the dagger Fb pages people running the aa 22 slides but I don’t have any personal experience doing so. They seem to be just fine from what I can remember seeing
    Thanks, joined up on that group and started doing some searches.

I also went out to the Advantage Arms page and noticed they have kits now coming for the 365 and the hellcat.

I sent them a message to see if they will be doing 365XL sized barrels and mags as well. These kits unlike the Glock let you use your current slide (which is nice if one has an optic, etc)

I'll probably order a Dagger frame to make my AA kit a dedicated gun. I was just about to list it in the classies and saw the frames on sale.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville

I also went out to the Advantage Arms page and noticed they have kits now coming for the 365 and the hellcat.

I sent them a message to see if they will be doing 365XL sized barrels and mags as well. These kits unlike the Glock let you use your current slide (which is nice if one has an optic, etc)

I'll probably order a Dagger frame to make my AA kit a dedicated gun. I was just about to list it in the classies and saw the frames on sale.
    The frames have to be the best deal in the handgun world. I even thought thst when they were always 99 but now with the constant sales or blems for 50-70 bucks they can’t be beat for a run of the mill pilymer wonder 9

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The frames have to be the best deal in the handgun world. I even thought thst when they were always 99 but now with the constant sales or blems for 50-70 bucks they can’t be beat for a run of the mill pilymer wonder 9
    Agreed, shipping, tax and transfer is almost as much as the frame itself.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Agreed, shipping, tax and transfer is almost as much as the frame itself.
    No kidding I hate to pay shipping so I always wait for free shipping deals. Not sure why I like the 10 bucks really makes a huge difference but I feel better about it or are any places around me with cheap transfers anymore like the average is like 30 I miss the days of the $15 cash transfer

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Advantage Arms emailed me back and said their Glock kit Gen 3 should work fine with the Dagger frame and they had tested it on one frame.

They also said a few months out still on the 365 and hellcat kits.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I have a few daggers as well and they are a little more comfy than glocks and I think they point a little better. Mine have been very reliable with no real issues. I also think the ported slides they sell for them are really really good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you want to put "hands on" before you decide, Parabellum in Avon usually has a Dagger in stock. They may have one in their rental fleet as well, I think.

I have owned Glocks since they came out, but mostly because everyone else had one. And I was issued one for many years. I've never really cared for the grip feel, angle and ergonomics. I handled a Dagger compact at Parabellum, and I just don't see all that much difference in the ergonomics of a G19 and a Dagger. The grip angle is the same, and the Dagger is actually has a slightly more prominent hump in the backstrap vs the G19 Gen 5.

I find the G19 Gen 5 to actually be more comfortable in the hand than the Dagger compact. The annoying single finger bump on the Dagger doesn't help. Don't know why PSA did that.

If price is your main motivator, and you don't mind Glockish ergonomics, have at it. They seem to be solid and reliable from all of the reviews out there, especially at their price point. If you are going to carry it or use it in a defensive role, I'd get some actual Glock mags for it, though. Magpul Glock mags are range grade only, IMO.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    If you want to put "hands on" before you decide, Parabellum in Avon usually has a Dagger in stock. They may have one in their rental fleet as well, I think.

I have owned Glocks since they came out, but mostly because everyone else had one. And I was issued one for many years. I've never really cared for the grip feel, angle and ergonomics. I handled a Dagger compact at Parabellum, and I just don't see all that much difference in the ergonomics of a G19 and a Dagger. The grip angle is the same, and the Dagger is actually has a slightly more prominent hump in the backstrap vs the G19 Gen 5.

I find the G19 Gen 5 to actually be more comfortable in the hand than the Dagger compact. The annoying single finger bump on the Dagger doesn't help. Don't know why PSA did that.

If price is your main motivator, and you don't mind Glockish ergonomics, have at it. They seem to be solid and reliable from all of the reviews out there, especially at their price point. If you are going to carry it or use it in a defensive role, I'd get some actual Glock mags for it, though. Magpul Glock mags are range grade only, IMO.
    I would agree with the assessment of Magpul Glock mags. Actual Glock mags are the best.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Folks, what's the good and the bad of the PSA Dagger? They have some deals
    See a lot of good reviews

Indydave
    You might want to wait just a little longer for the Micro Dagger release. I'd say they are getting closer because they are selling the slides and magazines now. Hopefully frames are coming soon.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The annoying single finger bump on the Dagger doesn't help. Don't know why PSA did that.
    I have a question can that finger vexation be sanded off, or would there be a hole in the frame there if one did so?

I figured people with smaller hands liked them things. They always are in the wrong place for my finger/s.

Top Bottom