wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You have mail, WT !

Thanks MM. I gave into peer pressure and have an upper on the way. Slightly different model, but the only one that was in stock. PSA doesn't have the lowers any more it seems, so I may do a build using my Spike's Honey Badger lower that I've had for the last 3 or 4 years. I have a great trigger to put into it and already have a LPK, just need a stock, buffer and better grip.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks MM. I gave into peer pressure and have an upper on the way. Slightly different model, but the only one that was in stock. PSA doesn't have the lowers any more it seems, so I may do a build using my Spike's Honey Badger lower that I've had for the last 3 or 4 years. I have a great trigger to put into it and already have a LPK, just need a stock, buffer and better grip.
    I have a box of grips. What do you need...???

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a box of grips. What do you need...???

No idea, I just recall the last time I got parts together for a build the standard one that came in the LPK was pretty bad and I ended up getting some MagPul grip instead. I haven't even looked into options at this point. I figured the two ARs I had were plenty, until I decided to give into peer pressure for no good reason... :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No idea, I just recall the last time I got parts together for a build the standard one that came in the LPK was pretty bad and I ended up getting some MagPul grip instead. I haven't even looked into options at this point. I figured the two ARs I had were plenty, until I decided to give into peer pressure for no good reason... :):
    Peer pressure is really bad with this group. I'd probably just have a slingshot if I weren't here.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm happy with my Ruger AR-556, but wanted a truly quality battle rifle. I figure the BCM upper can live on the Spike's lower that I build out until I can find a good deal on a BCM lower. Then I'll need to build another upper at some point. Round and round we go... ;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My BCM upper was on an Ingo lower for a little while also until got a complete BCM lower. That was some years back.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Whatever you buy, make sure you look in the rubber band upgrade. It really smoothes out the release.
    Actually if you have one that you recommend I would like to get a good one. As far as I know it is legal in my back yard.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm done with the gig for today. If any of you are interested in volunteering let me know and I'll pass along some contact info.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Picture of my BCM. Sigh......

View attachment 120985
    Hey that looks just like mine! Twinsies!

G'day mates. Been quite a busy beaver. Break tk pick up Maginator. Lot of sexy looking Bravos in here today.

88 - I'm a fan of VTACfor the heavier stuff. ( https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2.htm )

Hiking all day with a rifle hunting is different. A quality padded leather sling with a thumbhole is what I have found to serve the best purpose. If you are packing in the rifle I might suggest a pack designed for longer treks ( Amazon product ASIN B07QX2QQ68 ). If you're on a day hike/hunt just go for a nice shoulder sling. I stay away from nylon and synthetics if I'm stalk hunting. They make noise when unslinging and using for freehand stability.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom