Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Are all new toilets the "water conserving" kind or can you still get a real deal toilet?

Sorry to derail.

I don't recall the specific model, but I picked up a couple Delta toilets last year that work pretty well. I believe that if you do a quick release on the handle it does a water conserving flush, but if you hold down a bit longer it flushes much better. I want to say the literature said it could flush a dozen golf balls or something like that. They were spendy, but I don't have any complaints.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Are you talking about a high capacity toilet? I don't know anything about it so I'll have to sit this one out.
    High water capacity yeah. Reason I ask, my folks bought a toilet a while back that was water conserving. Which really means you have to flush 2-3 times and it gets clogged easy. Figured they all were that now, glad there's still some regulars out there.

Again, sorry for the gross derailment:). Carry on.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    High water capacity yeah. Reason I ask, my folks bought a toilet a while back that was water conserving. Which really means you have to flush 2-3 times and it gets clogged easy. Figured they all were that now, glad there's still some regulars out there.

No one is immune from these kinds of practical considerations.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ok you've convinced me. Hoping they work out. I'll head that way here in a bit.

To date, I've held to the 15 round mags that fit the Compact/X-Compact flush as that's the grip module I intend to stay with. Have you run "full size" 17 round mag in a compact grip module? I assume it's all good just like running a Glock 17 mag in a 19, but just wondering if you had any observations on that front (any issues with mag tilt/pinch, etc)?
    I have not ran the full size mags in the compact grip module, so I have no insight to give.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I don't recall the specific model, but I picked up a couple Delta toilets last year that work pretty well. I believe that if you do a quick release on the handle it does a water conserving flush, but if you hold down a bit longer it flushes much better. I want to say the literature said it could flush a dozen golf balls or something like that. They were spendy, but I don't have any complaints.
    Also this got rid of your golf ball problem!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

No derailment. A poor flusher is horrible! I think you could probably just replace the mechanism inside and have a normal flushing toilet.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    This is actually gun-related. I sent an email today to check on the progress of the new holster for my P-07 and found out that it's shipping today! Sweet!! Looking forward to trying it out! I'll send a pic when it comes in.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No derailment. A poor flusher is horrible! I think you could probably just replace the mechanism inside and have a normal flushing toilet.

The toilets that were in my house when I bought it were terrible. 2 - 3 flushes needed almost always. Not so with the new ones I bought.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Back in the day when I shopped them, the Toto brand was hard to beat on making the most of a flush. I had one installed in a previous home, and the new to us house we purchased about a year or so ago has one in the master bathroom. You do have to hold the handle down for a moment, or it will essentially short stroke the subsequent fill, but it handles things well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom