• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    With all of the CZ post I see on here it really has me wanting to try one .
    Ive always been a 1911 or Glock kinda guy . Yes now you can razz me twice .

I have all 3 and enjoy each of them. The great thing is that there is usually something I like that one has, but the other two do not. Besides, you need a new gun!

echestnet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Martinsville
    Yes, I had it narrowed down between the CZ and Sig already, just had to make a decision. Found this one barely used. Priced ok I guess at 575. But not too many around in the sp-01 so went ahead and got it.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The CZ 75 B is a great pistol even out of the box, even more so because of the price point. A little Cajunizing and the pistol is hard to beat. Period.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What is the opinion on a CZ 75 C.
    Same gun, slightly smaller package. Some people dislike them for carry because of the weight but you won't find a more stable shooting platform in that size. My 75 compact was my carry gun for several years and, as with any gun, the right belt and holster make all the difference.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With all of the CZ post I see on here it really has me wanting to try one .
    Ive always been a 1911 or Glock kinda guy . Yes now you can razz me twice .

I have all 3 and enjoy each of them. The great thing is that there is usually something I like that one has, but the other two do not. Besides, you need a new gun!

CZs, 1911s and Glocks all live happily together in my safe. The CZ guys even let me chat in their thread, but I have to be careful if I go into too much Glock love. Those three types make up the foundation of my collection. I love the 1911 platform for .45, CZ for 9mm and Glock for the .40s. At least I did until 2016. This year, I picked up a couple of CZs in .40 and have been liking a Glock 21 a lot. Cats and dogs living together, right? It all works though. Each one scratches an itch for me. I love the simplicity of the Glock platform, the feel of the 1911 and the precision of the CZ.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What is the opinion on a CZ 75 C.

One of my first CZs was a 75B Compact. That is a gun that I was convinced was the best 9mm service pistol in existence for a long time. It's easy to shoot, reliable, accurate and is easy to conceal. The only pistol to really pass up that assessment of the Compact is my CZ P01. It's essentially the same gun, but with a rail and decocker. They are so close though that if I'd rate the 75B a 92, the P01 would sneak past with a 95 rating overall.

Seriously, the 75B Compact is one of the best service pistols in the world in my opinion.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    CZs, 1911s and Glocks all live happily together in my safe. The CZ guys even let me chat in their thread, but I have to be careful if I go into too much Glock love. Those three types make up the foundation of my collection. I love the 1911 platform for .45, CZ for 9mm and Glock for the .40s. At least I did until 2016. This year, I picked up a couple of CZs in .40 and have been liking a Glock 21 a lot. Cats and dogs living together, right? It all works though. Each one scratches an itch for me. I love the simplicity of the Glock platform, the feel of the 1911 and the precision of the CZ.

In a way, I wish I thought more like you. But I am a minimalist and I have a tight budget so I am trying to figure out what direction I want to go in as far as shooting pistols. I have a Shield for CC carry. I am very happy with it. I have a 1911 in 9mm that I really like for the range. I mean like so much, that after I bought it I completely gave up on my M&P and sold it.

Then I got to thinking that everyone should own at least one high capacity pistol so I bought a Sig P226. I have had it over a year and have not had it out of the house yet. As a matter of fact, it is currently in the classifieds for sale. I just don't think I want to try to learn how to deal with the DA/SA trigger.

Now I am thinking when I sell that I will buy a G17.

Some days I think, just stick with the 1911 and get as good as you can with it. Other days I think get a Glock and get good with it and maybe start carrying it.

Of course, there is always the CZ waiting for me to give it some attention. I have shot some, but for some reason I just can't get excited about them.

Am I confused? Dazed? ADHD? Probably yes on all three.:): I need firearm therapy!waaa2

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    In a way, I wish I thought more like you. But I am a minimalist and I have a tight budget so I am trying to figure out what direction I want to go in as far as shooting pistols. I have a Shield for CC carry. I am very happy with it. I have a 1911 in 9mm that I really like for the range. I mean like so much, that after I bought it I completely gave up on my M&P and sold it.

Then I got to thinking that everyone should own at least one high capacity pistol so I bought a Sig P226. I have had it over a year and have not had it out of the house yet. As a matter of fact, it is currently in the classifieds for sale. I just don't think I want to try to learn how to deal with the DA/SA trigger.

Now I am thinking when I sell that I will buy a G17.

Some days I think, just stick with the 1911 and get as good as you can with it. Other days I think get a Glock and get good with it and maybe start carrying it.

Of course, there is always the CZ waiting for me to give it some attention. I have shot some, but for some reason I just can't get excited about them.

Am I confused? Dazed? ADHD? Probably yes on all three.:): I need firearm therapy!waaa2
    You just need some :koolaid:.

Top Bottom