• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Anybody have a CX4 storm in the Indianapolis area that would let me take a few shots with it to see what it's like? Mrs GoDawgs expressed a lot of interest in a friends 9mm carbine and I have the 9mm PX4 so I've been taking a close look at the CX4.

I'm a member of MCFG so it would be great to meet over there and hit the 100 yard gong, but I'd be willing to meet at any range in the Indy area to match your preference.

thanks

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I saw a CX4 Storm at my last FNS. Id have to look at the results again to see his name, I believe it was Adam? But looking at past results he had been to many FNSs. Maybe you can come out this Friday and see if he's there?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Too rich for my blood to buy one.

Do you own a Glock? If so go thr MechTech CCU (Carbine Conversion Unit) route.

All tiy have to do is remove the slide off of the Glock and insert into the MechTech CCU unit and viola, instance carbine. If you're using the same round in the handgun as carbine, then you don't have to worrry about different mags.

Selling the Hi-Point Carbine this weekend and hopefully my Taurus PT-940 to fund this project.

Yes I'm going to the dark side, but I'm also going to have the Glock refitted with a safety just because of the CCU.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've got a relative with one. They are incredible nice carbines. The one negative thing though is they are subject to 922R, so if you like to modify weapons, this might not be the one for you.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I saw a CX4 Storm at my last FNS. Id have to look at the results again to see his name, I believe it was Adam? But looking at past results he had been to many FNSs. Maybe you can come out this Friday and see if he's there?

I've been meaning to stop by FNS and see what it's all about sooner or later so hopefully I bump into someone using a CX4 when I go. Thanks for the info!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Got a 9mm CX4 storm, that I let other people shoot all the time. If you want to drive up to the Elwood Conservation Club, you can try it out. Outfitted with a Primary Arms Microdot, light, VFG, stock mag pouch and sling. My daughters love shooting it.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Beerman,
    Had a ccu, you may want to reconsider . It recoils harder than a 223. Its difficult to disassemble for cleaning and without buying an extra lower, you have only half a gun. I bought an extra lower for mine and sold it for a grand two years ago. If you have an ar 15 I'd suggest a 9mm upper if you just gotta have a long gun for 9mm. Really Id suggest you buy more ammo for a full size rifle. 9mm carbines are really for a niche that doesn't need filling.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    I have a pair of them

Wicked fun little gun

I am a member at fall creek, maybe we could work something out for a test drive.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I always read such positive reviews about the CX4 carbine but the one my father had was a total jam-o-matic. We couldn't get a full magazine through it! My father sold it for $200 more than what he paid for it even after telling the guy it jammed all the time. The guy that bought it looked as if he'd won the lottery.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The one weak part of the rifle is the mag release. It has a tiny piece of sheet metal embeded in the plastic to to serve as a magazine catch. When that piece is worn down, it will not hold a mag during firing. It is simple enough to remove the mag release button from the rifle. Pull that sheet metal piece out, turn it around and reinstall it with an unworn side facing out.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    9mm carbines are really for a niche that doesn't need filling.

I couldn't disagree more. Maybe for you personally that is the case. I had an AR that I just didn't shoot. Mainly b/c I didn't have somewhere to shoot it. I had a 9mm pistol and now I can buy bulk cheap ammo for the two guns I shoot the most. I love my sub2k and in the few months that I have owned it, I have shot it much more that the AR in the 5 years I owned it. So, to each his own.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a pair of them

Wicked fun little gun

I am a member at fall creek, maybe we could work something out for a test drive.

Yes, and I know where you got one of them from. We still need to hook up so you can get the front sight tool.

Top Bottom