• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Outdoor fans, the wife and I are likely going to take a short road trip/vacation to Niagara Falls this year. We are planning two full days in Niagara Falls area, plus whatever time we get on the day we arrive. As someone who likes road trips, my plan is drive up through Detroit and cross over there, taking in the sights in Canada. I know fuel will be more costly there, but it isn't a big deal as the vehicle gets OK gas mileage. On the trip back, we will be passing through Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I'm wanting to know if anyone has ever been there and your thoughts/opinions? Originally though about staying a night in the area, but this particular park doesn't really look like it has all that many offerings like the larger parks. There are a few hikes suggested for half day visits, and just wondering if those will suffice? There also appears to be a train excursion, but not sure if that is worth it or not.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Great place! Retains some of its early agricultural character along with may high-quality natural areas and amazing trails. Train trip looks good, but I've never been on it. Bring a bike - the Towpath Trail is one of the best bike trails in the Midwest. Nearby are Summit County and Cleveland Metroparks to add variety. And it's all free! You won't regret hanging around for a day or two

Top Bottom