• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I know some companies make frames for Glocks made of steel if you want a "all metal gun".
    I never understood that since the whole point of Glocks is to be light weight and that the "plastic frame" works just fine.
    Also if you have an after market frame, barrel, they even make after market slides for Glocks, new trigger, after market magazine ... well then it's not a Glock anymore.
    I just like the factory Glock, nothing to add or remove IMO.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Did you see the wicked "Reaper camo" version? :wow:

Looks like something linkpimp would come up with!

10000_48550.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It looks like it would cost $145 at rockyourglock.com

That's for the hydro finish (film dip) on a slide and frame. Finishing a frame alone costs $99.00, but the Timberwolf frame itself (pictured above) is $199.95.

And just FYI, rockyourglock.com does a lot of the finishing/laser etching/graphics for Lone Wolf.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I know some companies make frames for Glocks made of steel if you want a "all metal gun".
    I never understood that since the whole point of Glocks is to be light weight and that the "plastic frame" works just fine.
    Also if you have an after market frame, barrel, they even make after market slides for Glocks, new trigger, after market magazine ... well then it's not a Glock anymore.
    I just like the factory Glock, nothing to add or remove IMO.

The all metal is to better distribute the felt recoil of the weapon and reduce muzzle climb/flip....say in a "snappier" caliber such as .40 it would allow for faster target acquistition and follow up shots....majority of the other accessories are just to make them more comfotable and more of a "combat" weapon

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    they sell everything for them somewhere....some of the custom competition Glocks I've seen don't even look like Glocks if it didn't have Glock engraved on the side of the slide

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Yeah I guess there are a few parts that would have to be Glock brand: extractor, firing pin sleeve and cups, etc.
    I am only 23 and have no plans to have any kids any time soon, but if I had a son I would build him a glock as he was growing up ( he could help as he got old enough), so his first handgun would be hand built and kind of a keepsake to pass on.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6_ur8hybY&playnext=1&list=PLFC1E199D95F1EFEA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9YtesgL2Y&feature=related[/ame]

Top Bottom