• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    ARGH! The wait is killing me! Everything was pending approval 12/20/17. I have a "history" as they say. So, I'm expecting it to take longer than normal, but man... The waiting game drives me nuts. Pins and needles over here!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    ARGH! The wait is killing me! Everything was pending approval 12/20/17. I have a "history" as they say. So, I'm expecting it to take longer than normal, but man... The waiting game drives me nuts. Pins and needles over here!

You're right about having a history putting you in the slow lane. But hang in there. If you were honest about things it will come.

Just for reference my approval took 16 weeks in the panic after Sandy Hook. Many others waited longer.

Cliff357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2018
    Highland
    Applied 12-26-17
    Printed 12-27-17
    Local/Fee & Approved 1-2-18
    Pending ISP 1-2-18
    APPROVED 1-20-18:rockwoot:
    ARRIVED IN MAIL 1-25-18:yesway:

Last edited:

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    You're right about having a history putting you in the slow lane. But hang in there. If you were honest about things it will come.

Just for reference my approval took 16 weeks in the panic after Sandy Hook. Many others waited longer.

I put down EVERYTHING. It was one bad night that changed my life for the better. Some charges were dropped and charged as something else and some were dismissed. All misdemeanors. But I looked it all up and put them down. I figured they will see it anyways and I wanted to show that I’m being completely open and honest as best as I possibly can... I would be interested in what exactly their process is. I know what it is on our end but what do they do on theirs? Which checks? Do they really contact the courthouse or just look them up online? Do they run an NICS or another check? When you look at the sheer volume they must get at this point, I’m fine with the wait. Due diligence etc...

Cliff357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2018
    Highland
    ... Still waiting...

Pistol...
    Did you try this yet?
    [FONT=&quot]Step 3: Contact ISP Firearms Licensing Section
    If you have completed the first two steps, you may contact the ISP Firearms License Unit. Please email the following information within the format provided:[/FONT]

• Name:
    • Email Address:
    • Daytime Phone Number:
    • Date of Birth:
    • Application Number:
    • Local Agency:
    • Address you used on the firearms license application:
    • Address if it has changed (This could be the reason for the delay):
    • Approximate date of fingerprinting:
    • Approximate date of payment:
    • Type of firearms license requested: Lifetime or 4 year
    [FONT=&quot]Send the completed information to:[/FONT]

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Good luck bro I'm filing my appeal now cause my history.

Chef, How long did it take from application to receiving rejection? Can you share a bit of your story here? If you don't want to do it publicly but would be willing to share with me privately, I can Private Message you my e-mail... I'd like to hear about this just so I know what could possibly come or what to expect

ChefJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Chef, How long did it take from application to receiving rejection? Can you share a bit of your story here? If you don't want to do it publicly but would be willing to share with me privately, I can Private Message you my e-mail... I'd like to hear about this just so I know what could possibly come or what to expect

I emailed you the other day when you private messaged me. Chefjeremymathis was the email address

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I put down EVERYTHING. It was one bad night that changed my life for the better. Some charges were dropped and charged as something else and some were dismissed. All misdemeanors. But I looked it all up and put them down. I figured they will see it anyways and I wanted to show that IÂ’m being completely open and honest as best as I possibly can... I would be interested in what exactly their process is. I know what it is on our end but what do they do on theirs? Which checks? Do they really contact the courthouse or just look them up online? Do they run an NICS or another check? When you look at the sheer volume they must get at this point, IÂ’m fine with the wait. Due diligence etc...

I can explain it to you, and I wouldn't think I would get into any trouble "exposing" the process... If heat comes my way, you can't take away experience lol so let them try... They do a locals check, commonly known a 27/29, which then turns into a state and federal check, through IDACS/NICS, and any red flags will come up, that's how they hold or proceed to investigate etc etc etc.... Why do you think when you are 99'd (wanted with warrant) they ask for your SSN? Because if you have a warrant they will verify, if not, Indiana's failure to identify statue will allow them to take you in up to 48 hours for "record checking" to verify who you are, which for me goes against your 4th/5th/6th amendment rights, but that is a whole different argument...

Back to the topic, if you were honest, then you should not have anything to worry about... I had gone through something similar myself in a self defense situation, (multiple felony charges) I took it through the system and it became a favorable disposition for me of course, but the records still show up... I don't have a delay for anything when volunteering at my kids school, purchasing a firearm, or anything else for that matter after the dismissal... Be patient, and if you disagree you can appeal man, but then I'd get a lawyer by that point...

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    I broke down and e-mailed them... Just got a hasn't been processed could be two to three more weeks.... I'm so bad at waiting for things like this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom