5/25 State Approved

Unbelievably fast - just awaiting hard copy in the mail

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Anyone know if you get update emails from Indiana State Police after you pay the local fees? or do you have to continually login to that portal to "check status"????
    I really don't like going to website portal and trying to guess what's next.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Anyone know if you get update emails from Indiana State Police after you pay the local fees? or do you have to continually login to that portal to "check status"????

Yep. ISP sent me notification email after locals sent information and finger prints.

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus

I didn't get any update emails, but I had my card about 2 weeks after paying the local fee.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I didn't get any update emails, but I had my card about 2 weeks after paying the local fee.

thanks!

Got email the 9am morning of day 3 after applying that local Indy police submitted info and if no convictions or such would get in 60 days.

Just curious, so went to portal after seeing your reply and it shows Approved, I think in "blue ink" that same day 3.

Checking mailbox today as mail arrives late in the day.

Was a new application since old one expired in 2009.

lifetime was technically my 6th renewal after letting it go dormant for 9 yrs.

I guess the new online stuff works better than the old days.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    thanks!

Got email the 9am morning of day 3 after applying that local Indy police submitted info and if no convictions or such would get in 60 days.

Just curious, so went to portal after seeing your reply and it shows Approved, I think in "blue ink" that same day 3.

Checking mailbox today as mail arrives late in the day.

Was a new application since old one expired in 2009.

lifetime was technically my 6th renewal after letting it go dormant for 9 yrs.

I guess the new online stuff works better than the old days.

Also, they're not being flooded with people renewing every 4 years.
    The lifetime permit probably at least as much to do with less waiting time.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Also, they're not being flooded with people renewing every 4 years.
    The lifetime permit probably at least as much to do with less waiting time.

Thanks. I didn't even think about less 4 yr applications since people have switched to lifetimes.

I was a little concerned with a possible "long wait" because when I did the online application a little blue box pops up and warns something like "due to heavy volume- expect 15 day delay"

So, I don't know what their procedures are except between the "pop up blue box- 15 day delay warning" and the ISP email confirming "locals sent info to ISP with

info: If you have no convictions or etc. expect your approval within 60 days!

Really surprised by it all. And much more comfortable knowing I now only have to do change addresses in the future.

Jakeblue1107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2018
    Granger
    I live in Granger Indiana. I had my fingerprints done on 07/13/2018 went to the st joseph county sherriffs office and did my local paper work at 4pm on 07/13/2018 Pending local approval until 07/16/2018 Pending ISP approval on 07/16/2018 Appoved 07/16/2018 My brother just got his 4 months ago and it took 32 days from the day he did his local so the process is gettig very fast. My wife and I both did 4 years and then gonna do lifetimes next July when it becomes free

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I live in Granger Indiana. I had my fingerprints done on 07/13/2018 went to the st joseph county sherriffs office and did my local paper work at 4pm on 07/13/2018 Pending local approval until 07/16/2018 Pending ISP approval on 07/16/2018 Appoved 07/16/2018 My brother just got his 4 months ago and it took 32 days from the day he did his local so the process is gettig very fast. My wife and I both did 4 years and then gonna do lifetimes next July when it becomes free

Welcome to INGO Jake. The free Lifetime LTCH didn't make it to the floor for a vote last session, hope your prediction is right.

Jakeblue1107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2018
    Granger
    Me too, would be nice. Was reading the senate version and they had language that would let you hold a 5 year license and a lifetime at the same time. I like the idea they were floating around for a 5 year permit holder durning the time of the permit would not have too pass a background for new firearm purchases while permit is valid. Michigan was like that when i had my carry permit there. I believe they have since done away with it but could be wrong.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I received mine very fast. It would not surprise me if you got it next week.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    Walked into the Anderson PD station on 7-30-2018. 1:30pm... They took my fingerprints, took my payments (after I paid online). I just got my LTCH today 8-13-2018.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom