0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Applied on 7/11/17
    Fingerprinted on 7/13/17
    Paid Local Fee's 7/17/17
    [FONT=&amp]Application Status: PENDING LOCAL APPROVAL [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Application #: [/FONT]172307239
    Application Type: Lifetime Pers. Protect. ($75)

Pending ISP Approval since 7/18/2017, or 7/19/2017. I might have to contact the FBI to see what my background check is popping up.
    Doesn't show the payment I made this afternoon, but I have faith. Forgot to flirt with the cute officer to get a discount. Just my luck she would want dinner and a movie. The wait to pay it all off was killing me!

Was told to pay them off locally on Friday. Said I was good to go and would have them in a week to two weeks.
    Decided I was broke and am waiting til payday which is Monday. Then got told I will need a background check to fill vending machines for air traffic control. Means more money to custom build me a Red Ryder, or an AR15.

Last edited:

jline123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hello, new guy here. I applied last week and in anticipation, I read probably a hundred pages of this thread. I figured I should post my stats as well.

Marion County
    07/10/2017 - Applied online and paid state fees
    07/11/2017 - Submitted fingerprints at IdentoGO
    07/13/2017 - Visited and paid local fees
    07/17/2017 - Transmitted to state/Pending ISP approval
    07/20/2017 - Approved
    07/24/2017 - Arrived in mail
    07/24/2017 - Gun IWB

Edit: arrival

Last edited:

Schmick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Applied
    7-17-2017
    Electronically Fingerprinted
    7-18-2017
    Local Fees Paid
    7-19-2017
    Awaiting ISP Approval
    7-25-2017 - 7-27-2017
    ISP Approved
    7-27-2017

UPDATE: I received my permit on 8/2/17. Not a terribly long process!

Will update this when I receive permit. This was done in Marion County

UPDATE: I received my permit on 8/2/17. Not a terribly long process!

Last edited:

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am officially approved! Checked it this morning and was still processing. Checked it this afternoon and I am good to go. Gotta wait for it in the mail. 6225A384-BDBE-47A1-8E30-178E205DE988.jpg

I am still waiting on approval from ISP. Feels likes its been 20 years. lol Got my AR15 lower on friday after my second delay. I got all the paper work ready for my UPIN application. Just need my fingerprints for it.

Last edited:

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by TheWiz
    I am wondering if previously living out of state is delaying my approval.App and state fee 11/5Digital Fingerprinting 11/9Local fee and submission 11/12It has said "Pending ISP approval" since 11/12I know that it can take up to 60 days but I notice a lot of people on this site seem to get faster approvals. Also btw I do not have a criminal record of any type.I wonder if it's a Allen County thing. I finished the process yesterday and was told it takes 60 days.
    I don't think so to the original quote. I just moved here (from Washington State), where I had a CCL. I filed for my IN CCL (Lifetime Personal Protection) on Tuesday of last week (8/8), fingerprinted and local fees on Wednesday (8/9) at the Allen County Sheriff's Dept, submitted on Thursday by AC, and ISP approved and issued number on Friday (8/11) - now I'm expecting the plastic card to show up in the next couple of days...Craziest part was that I submitted at the ACSD, with only my paper temporary license...my actual driver's license wasn't in my possession because, I just got my IN driver's license on Monday 8/7. That means I was considered a resident of Indiana on 8/7.

FWIW, I was heavily previously vetted in WA as a first responder/LE programs...but, this surprised me a little bit (in a good way). I felt naked not carrying.

Last edited:

p89brandon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    New Albany
    F.N.G. here.. heres my stats:

Application submitted 8-17-17

Payment: 8-17-17

Fingerprinted: 8-17-17

Local fees and local pd approved: 8-18-17

status as of 8-23-17: Pending ISP Approval

GreyState

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2017
    Ft Wayne
    Circling back and giving my final times:

Type: New Personal Protection / Lifetime

Online Application: 8/8 (Tuesday AM)

Prints and Local Payment: 8/9 (Wednesday PM)

ISP Approval: 8/11 (Friday)

Card Arrival: 8/16 (Wednesday)

So...6 business days total from online application to card in hand. Not too shabby - especially since I got my IN Driver's License on 8/7 and became a "resident" of the state on 8/7. :yesway:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    My youngest daughter just went through the process, dates as follows:

Online application lifetime personal protection, LS1 prints and local fee's on Friday 8-18-2017
    Local approved on Tuesday 8-22-2017
    ISP approved on Wednesday 8-23-2017
    Card recieved on Monday 8-28-2017

So seven business days start to finish, not bad at all.

Roly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was approved within 2 weeks for my lifetime. I filed online on a Thursday night, took my finger prints on Friday morning, went to the station to pay my fee on Monday and by the end of the week when I checked my status, I was approved, by the end of the second week, it was in my mailbox

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    08-24-2017 (Thursday) application
    08-28-2017 (Monday) fingerprints
    08-29-2017 (Tuesday) local police fee paid
    09-08-2017 (Friday) status updated mysteriously prompting me to visit my local PD; a step I had already done.
    I phoned the records dept. of my local PD. Very nice lady told me that the fingerprints "did not go through", and that ISP did not hear from my local PD.
    She handled my application right there, and sent off whatever information was lacking. She did say it was "a good thing" that I received the status update by email, because it meant that "it has gone through now". (whatever that all means)
    Within minutes my application status changed to "Pending ISP Approval", where it sits currently.

09-14-2017 online status: "Approved" Yes!!!

Last edited:

NWIs&wShield

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2017
    NWI
    processed all my application things about 10 days after you....
    so I'll be watching for an update on yours.
    Mine is "local fee recorded" & "pending fingerprints"

nobody_special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    South Bend
    I'll tell you South Bend police wasted no time cashing that money order.. Now they're just sitting on it and I can't be positive but I think the records clerk did the background check while I was standing there and she told me it was 30-60 days.. I didn't even wait that long the last time with the paper application and the ink and roll prints

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    By statute there is an allowance of 60 days however as I have seen from this thread most are processed and cards received in ten days or less. If there is criminal history, delays occur due to a lack of a disposition on file. Sometimes the counties take a while to forward dispositions that currently come in the form of a fax or through snail mail. ISP is testing a new disposition portal that will greatly decrease the time it takes to make the updates. Their goal is to have applications with criminal history processed and issued or denied within the ten days or less timeframe.

For those who are waiting past two weeks, keep checking the status and if you hover in one area for a while especially "pending local" contact ISP via email: FirearmsQuestions@isp.in.gov. They should be returning your email within a business day. Nobody_special mentioned a delay with South Bend PD, has anyone else experience the same with that agency?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom