Cummins agrees to pay nearly $1.7B to settle federal Clean Air Act investigation

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I wish they would better explain these "delete devices". I have a friend that wonders where to get one and where to install it. He, my friend, is thinking it's likely just a reprogram.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wish they would better explain these "delete devices". I have a friend that wonders where to get one and where to install it. He, my friend, is thinking it's likely just a reprogram.
    I believe it entails more than programming, there are sensors to deal with as well, it depends on specific models and years. Then there are exhaust pipes to replace, EGR replacement pipes, to name a few more.

No warranty coverage for a deleted truck from manufacturers. I have heard dealers will not even wrench on unrelated issues on a deleted truck.

Then your friend runs into the market value issues. They essentially cannot be traded in as no reputable dealer will take a deleted truck on trade as I have been told. I was also told it was illegal for dealers to sell a vehicle that has had emissions removed. Then further one limits their resale market to local or states that do not have emissions testing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember when diesel was looked upon as the answer to the energy crisis, gm even tried converting gas engine blocks to diesel.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I remember when diesel was looked upon as the answer to the energy crisis, gm even tried converting gas engine blocks to diesel.
    Olds 350 was the first IIRC, I wonder if there is even 1 of those still operational. I was always hoping the Cummins R2.8 would come down in price for a project but I don't ever see that happening now

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Olds 350 was the first IIRC, I wonder if there is even 1 of those still operational. I was always hoping the Cummins R2.8 would come down in price for a project but I don't ever see that happening now

The government has been locked on a direction to drive diesel off of American highways for some time now. It's something I've never understood.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Cummins should simply shut down for a year. Lock the doors, tell the government to **** off and remove those billions of dollars Cummins moves through the economy. Use the money saved to pay this "fine". American company trying to compete on a global market against giants in China and India and what's their greatest hurdle? Their own government.

I guess Cummins didn't pay enough in bribes and lobbyist fees. I'm sure it's hard to outbid China in this global economy when they're government actually wants their corporations to succeed.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Amazing how the idiots that run this country complain we are losing manufacturing jobs in the USA but nevertheless will fine a large manufacturing company almost $2,000,000,000 over the phony premise of forcing the country to go green. :ugh:
    Gotta get money to pay on the debt interest somewhere.

Top Bottom