• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped in at a Culvers restaurant today in Fort Wayne. Not too bad food. But was using their WIFI and tried to get on MidwayUSA website and was blocked. The reason...?? WEAPONS I just sent an email message to their home office letting them know it was not appreciated and that it is people like us that helped to give them the freedom to have a business. I'll see what response they give me. But, no more Butter Burgers for me!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I wouldn't necessarily justify that as an anti-gun representation.

Best Buy Wifi also blocks firearm-related websites but they're OK with licensed gun owners carrying there.

Besides, I've carried in 3 different Culvers with no issues. (Openly).

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have OC'ed at the Indy location on Hwy 67 on a couple occasions without issue.

If that is the one just north of your shop then I met a fellow INGOer there for a trade a few months back. Afterward I went inside and had a Butter Burger.
    It was a good day. I was CC but only loosely covered by a T-shirt, anyone who was looking would have noticed. No issues.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Smokey Bones' free wifi does the same, yet when I managed the one in Greenwood we hosted a ton of OC'rs from INGO and INS for our burger battle. No idea who sets the proxy, but it doesn't necessarily reflect the policy of he business.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Smokey Bones' free wifi does the same, yet when I managed the one in Greenwood we hosted a ton of OC'rs from INGO and INS for our burger battle. No idea who sets the proxy, but it doesn't necessarily reflect the policy of he business.

That burger battle was awesome. I was in a food coma afterward though.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The Culver's that I've been to in FW is definitely not anti-guns. I've OC'd in the one by times corners without issue. They probably block them so they can't be smeared by the media.

BLah blah blah...ordered ammo online at burger joined to keep IP private...blah blah blah.

Gotta protect their rep somehow ;)

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I OC in the Greenfield Culvers all the time and have even had conversations with the store manager while in there. Like others have said, I'm sure it is a generic filter. My place of employment is the same way. It doesn't matter if you're using the employee WIFI or the guest WIFI, the same pages get blocked.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My thought on this is that a business that doesn't hassle you if you OC, but may have a blocker on its wifi for firearms related websites is not necessarily anit-gun. I think the carry issue far outweighs the wifi access issue.

The real question is not whether you could get on the Midway (or Brownells) website - but could you access INGO!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily place Culvers below the many other restaurants that "block" all websites by not providing any complimentary wifi to their customers.

They are very accommodating of customers who actually carry, so I would rate them well in that area.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    We have survived millions of years without having the internet available during meals.

This is so very true.

I am honestly saddened when I walk through a restaurant and see entire familys with thier faces glued to a screen of some sort instead of interacting with each other. Restaurants used to be, and should still be, a special place were familys gather and talk and make merry and enjoy high quality food that they may not get to have all the time. I still believe dinning in a restauraunt should be an experiance. Not just another chance to check your email or update you status or google yourself. Unfortunately the fast food, everything all at once right now, world we live in has all but killed that.

Top Bottom