• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Has anyone ever thought about just selling off your modern firearms and just owning and using black powder only. Going BP Rifle, shotgun and revolver. Sometimes I think it would be cheaper and if one were to sell ones modern firearms you would have the funds to support the new black powder lifestyle. Just a crazy thought I have had every now and then. :dunno:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Has anyone ever thought about just selling off your modern firearms and just owning and using black powder only. Going BP Rifle, shotgun and revolver. Sometimes I think it would be cheaper and if one were to sell ones modern firearms you would have the funds to support the new black powder lifestyle. Just a crazy thought I have had every now and then. :dunno:
    Never

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I have wondered what it would be like only owning BP firearms but wouldn't sell off my modern ones. Just try reloading a BP
    revolver. I got 36 shots off with two of them in a bit over an hour and that was starting with both loaded with 6 to begin with. Now I know it's quality not quantity but it takes quantity to be good.

Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Anyone who thinks BP is cheaper needs to spend a summer reenacting Civil War.
    Yeah, I imagine civil war reenactments would be expensive even with BP. I was referring more to casual shooting though. I should have specified. Not like would ever do it anyway. :)

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    With Pyrodex at $42/lb I wouldn't call it cheap. If I were to consider it, the cause would to be under the radar of the .gov.

No 4473 needed is a big draw to BP but if the time comes they will know where you are as soon as you touch off a single round. Hard to run and load it the same time even with a 45-70. Since running is out of the question for me, I would be a single shot soldier.

There are always BP hand grenades tho...

Top Bottom