• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Did you read the cite? Several areas in Ireland that have the highest vaccination rates within a country with an overall very high vaccination percentage also have the highest rate of new cases. I thought maybe ... just maybe ... you might peek out from under that 'vaccines are wonderful' shell

And why do I need to provide an alternative explanation for an inconvenient truth. It would seem those cheerleading for the vaccines would be the ones needing a new hypothesis
    You continue to argue against things I never said, and I’m starting to think it’s intentional. So let’s start with things I’ve actually said, repeatedly:

Mandates are bad. The vaccine doesn’t prevent transmission. I’m not vaccinated. I think there is a correlation between vaccine status and reduced severity of illness, which I believe is most likely from the vaccine. Despite those very moderate beliefs you continue to call me a vaccine shill and imply I live under a “vaccines are wonderful shell.”

I read your Ireland article the first time it was posted in another thread. It’s about positivity, not severity. I’m specifically discussing the stats Sheepdog posted, which are consistent with numbers in my area and across the country.

183 people hospitalized to some degree with Covid. 166 of them are unvaccinated, leaving 17 vaccinated. A touch over 90% of the hospitalized cases are unvaccinated. 54% of Vanderburgh county is vaccinated. If the vaccines were as useless as you say, why aren’t we seeing about a 50/50 split? Why are the hospitalized cases overwhelmingly unvaccinated when the unvaccinated are a slight minority? It seems to me to suggest the vaccines do at least prevent severe outcomes. Or, there’s some other variable. So I ask you…again…what other variable am I missing? What’s your explanation for the disparity?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You continue to argue against things I never said, and I’m starting to think it’s intentional. So let’s start with things I’ve actually said, repeatedly:

Mandates are bad. The vaccine doesn’t prevent transmission. I’m not vaccinated. I think there is a correlation between vaccine status and reduced severity of illness, which I believe is most likely from the vaccine. Despite those very moderate beliefs you continue to call me a vaccine shill and imply I live under a “vaccines are wonderful shell.”

I read your Ireland article the first time it was posted in another thread. It’s about positivity, not severity. I’m specifically discussing the stats Sheepdog posted, which are consistent with numbers in my area and across the country.

183 people hospitalized to some degree with Covid. 166 of them are unvaccinated, leaving 17 vaccinated. A touch over 90% of the hospitalized cases are unvaccinated. 54% of Vanderburgh county is vaccinated. If the vaccines were as useless as you say, why aren’t we seeing about a 50/50 split? Why are the hospitalized cases overwhelmingly unvaccinated when the unvaccinated are a slight minority? It seems to me to suggest the vaccines do at least prevent severe outcomes. Or, there’s some other variable. So I ask you…again…what other variable am I missing? What’s your explanation for the disparity?
    Do you really believe the numbers collected from progressive hospital corporations and disseminated via the MSM propaganda machine? I mean, it's fine if you do, but I myself take those numbers with a high degree of skepticism. There is an agenda at work during this "pandemic" and I believe that hospitals, lead by extremely progressive executives, have been and continue to be complicit in pushing that agenda.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

Here's the vaccination rate breakdown by age ranges for Vanderburgh... the data is from immediately prior to the NYE/D holiday weekend, last updated 12/30/2021.

My thinking is that if vaccines were ineffective or only minimally effective, that 89% senior vaccination rate would show up bigly in the hospitalization/ICU/Vent stats.

That's just my take and convinces me that the vaccines are extremely effective at reducing hospitalization, severe infection and hence, death.

VAndy.png

ETA: The COVID ward stats for the bigger of the two hospital systems in Evansville/Vanderburgh that I posted earlier so folks don't have to scroll back and compare:

Screenshot 2021-12-30 11.30.12 PM.png

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Seems to only help 65 and older. Of course 2020 wiped out a lot of that group early on. So overall vaccines did very little .

Covid-19-deaths-by-age-750x311.png

The CDC defends the vaccine in a very unusual way.

"There is no increased risk for mortality among COVID-19 vaccine recipients. This finding reinforces the safety profile of currently approved COVID-19 vaccines in the United States. All persons aged ≥12 years should receive a COVID-19 vaccine."

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Well more people died after the vaccines if you want to be honest. Some here don't want to admit it of course.

That is both true and at the same time somewhat deceiving since those who died were almost exclusively non-vaccinated.

Are they? How do you know? For most, this is just a bad cold....regardless of vaccination status.

What was the overall death rate before and after the vaccines came out?
    In my area, 89% of the most vulnerable (65+) are fully vaccinated. If the vaccine was ineffective at preventing severe disease causing hospitalization, I would expect close to 90% of the COVID hospitalizations to be vaccinated individuals. That's not the case, it's more like 10% in the hospital and 0% on vents.

That's good enough proof for me that it's abundantly clear that the vaccines prevent severe disease leading to hospitalization, ICU and ventilation.

If it's not for you, I don't know what to tell you. Nor, to be honest, do I really care.

And, if you think it's only the cold or flu, then I guess it doesn't matter either way. Though I would say I've never heard that the common cold kills something like half a million Americans per year. Who knew?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Last thing I'll add is that like most (everyone?) I do hope that Omicron proves to be mild across the board and no-one gets severely sick or dies, regardless of vaccination status.

That is were most viruses like COVID eventually end, hopefully Omicron is it... sounds like we should know in the next month or two.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Seems to only help 65 and older. Of course 2020 wiped out a lot of that group early on. So overall vaccines did very little .

Covid-19-deaths-by-age-750x311.png

The CDC defends the vaccine in a very unusual way.

"There is no increased risk for mortality among COVID-19 vaccine recipients. This finding reinforces the safety profile of currently approved COVID-19 vaccines in the United States. All persons aged ≥12 years should receive a COVID-19 vaccine."
    Unususal way? The vaccinated have the same mortality rates they did pre-COVID... I'd say that is the usual way to say a vaccine is effective in preventing death. They are dying of the usual stuff at the usual rates... and not COVID.

Meanwhile, 17% of middle age (45-64) deaths are COVID deaths... and giving the above, pretty much exclusively non-vaccinated... which means it's much higher than 17% for them, because they are what, half or less of that age group?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Do you really believe the numbers collected from progressive hospital corporations and disseminated via the MSM propaganda machine? I mean, it's fine if you do, but I myself take those numbers with a high degree of skepticism. There is an agenda at work during this "pandemic" and I believe that hospitals, lead by extremely progressive executives, have been and continue to be complicit in pushing that agenda.
    Why is it that anytime direct evidence threatens the narrative people go straight to “they must be lying?” When people were using official numbers to say this virus is 99% survivable, why’d they trust the numbers then? Is the only deciding factor in determining accuracy “does it fit my narrative?” If no, then it’s a cover-up? I think it’s because saying it’s a lie or cover-up requires no proof or critical thinking. There’s no cognitive dissonance when you can default to “clearly it’s a lie.”

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Here's the vaccination rate breakdown by age ranges for Vanderburgh... the data is from immediately prior to the NYE/D holiday weekend, last updated 12/30/2021.

My thinking is that if vaccines were ineffective or only minimally effective, that 89% senior vaccination rate would show up bigly in the hospitalization/ICU/Vent stats.

That's just my take and convinces me that the vaccines are extremely effective at reducing hospitalization, severe infection and hence, death.

View attachment 174035

ETA: The COVID ward stats for the bigger of the two hospital systems in Evansville/Vanderburgh that I posted earlier so folks don't have to scroll back and compare:

View attachment 174038
    So the people with the highest vaccination rates are also the people who you would traditionally see most highly represented in the hospital for any reason? If the vaccine was useless, it seems like we should see a lot more of them with Covid.

Anyway, I’m done, those who refuse to accept evidence aren’t going to listen. Thanks for your efforts to post actual information.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Unususal way? The vaccinated have the same mortality rates they did pre-COVID... I'd say that is the usual way to say a vaccine is effective in preventing death. They are dying of the usual stuff at the usual rates... and not COVID.

With a vaccine shouldn't the morality have improved?

Meanwhile, 17% of middle age (45-64) deaths are COVID deaths... and giving the above, pretty much exclusively non-vaccinated... which means it's much higher than 17% for them, because they are what, half or less of that age group?
    Shouldn't it be less? Where does it say "exclusively non-vaccinated?

"Covid-19 now accounts for a much larger share of all deaths for that group than it did before vaccines were widely available."

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    With a vaccine shouldn't the morality have improved?

It prevents death from COVID... not cancer, heart disease, car accidents, etc.

Shouldn't it be less? Where does it say "exclusively non-vaccinated?

"Covid-19 now accounts for a much larger share of all deaths for that group than it did before vaccines were widely available."
    Where does it say that those dying from COVID are almost exclusively non-vacccinated? Well, everywhere!

Not just lefty narrative MSM pushers, left, right and center. WSJ, NR, etc.

Shouldn't it be less? If it was all the same COVID over the past year, yes, the rates should decrease in proportion to the percentage vaccinated in that population. Say half vaccinated, should cut the rate in half.

But, it hasn't been the same COVID... there have been more deadly strains (Delta)... that have killed almost exclusively non-vaccinated, so the rate among non-vaccinated is higher than the rate for the age range as a whole because almost all of the deaths are in that sub-class of the age range... almost the same numerator, a much smaller denominator equals a higher number. It is the way the math works.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    That is both true and at the same time somewhat deceiving since those who died were almost exclusively non-vaccinated.

In my area, 89% of the most vulnerable (65+) are fully vaccinated. If the vaccine was ineffective at preventing severe disease causing hospitalization, I would expect close to 90% of the COVID hospitalizations to be vaccinated individuals. That's not the case, it's more like 10% in the hospital and 0% on vents.

That's good enough proof for me that it's abundantly clear that the vaccines prevent severe disease leading to hospitalization, ICU and ventilation.

If it's not for you, I don't know what to tell you. Nor, to be honest, do I really care.

And, if you think it's only the cold or flu, then I guess it doesn't matter either way. Though I would say I've never heard that the common cold kills something like half a million Americans per year. Who knew?
    Had it and beat it.

Even Fauci is out saying children hospitalized WITH covid are being counted, not just those hospitalized BECAUSE of covid.

Pull those out and your half million per year is likely the normal yearly average of flu deaths....

Thanks to their work on pumping up the numbers, we will never have an accurate count...

But feel free to keep getting jabbed with boosters if it makes you feel better...

Top Bottom